ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I broke my daughters heart this morning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158015)

bogie 02-07-2007 12:03 PM

I broke my daughters heart this morning

Long story short, she wanted a kitten and it didn't fit in our life right now. I told her no, and she cried legitimate tears. Actually, I broke my heart today not giving my daughter what she wanted. It's tough being a parent.

88TG88 02-07-2007 12:05 PM

how old is she

bogie 02-07-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88
how old is she

She's 8 years old.

FAX 02-07-2007 12:07 PM

Dang. That's tough.

I'm curious, though. Why doesn't a cute, little, baby kitten fit into your life right now, Mr. bogie?

FAX

Eleazar 02-07-2007 12:07 PM

Ah, you'd have just felt worse when kitty got into the antifreeze.

BIG_DADDY 02-07-2007 12:11 PM

Do you have any animals?

88TG88 02-07-2007 12:11 PM

makes sense u gotta feed the thing and what not. you did the right thing

Donger 02-07-2007 12:12 PM

Heh. We just had our kitten fixed and the vet said that all of her teeth needed to be removed, at the cost of $600.00. The vet claimed that the cat has rotting teeth and that they would all eventually fall out.

My five year old boy listened to my wife telling me all this and said, "Well, if they are all going to fall out anyway, why should we have to pay for it?"

FAX 02-07-2007 12:12 PM

My son shampooed his hamster (Jeff) once. After he used the blow dryer on the little fella, Jeff's hair got so fluffy, he was approximately the size of a basketball. Jeff died soon thereafter.

We had a shoebox funeral (his poor little hair was sticking out of the top all around) and everyone shed a tear for the unfortunate, overheated guy. That was sad. You have to consider the capacity for the young person to care for their pet, I suppose.

FAX

Redrum_69 02-07-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogie
Long story short, she wanted a kitten and it didn't fit in our life right now. I told her no, and she cried legitimate tears. Actually, I broke my heart today not giving my daughter what she wanted. It's tough being a parent.

Just buy her a pit bull

It's documented that they make wonderful pets for kids.

Your best bet would be to catch one off the street, pick out the toughest one and lure him into your backyard...problem solved! Kids happy!

StcChief 02-07-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Heh. We just had our kitten fixed and the vet said that all of her teeth needed to be removed, at the cost of $600.00. The vet claimed that the cat has rotting teeth and that they would all eventually fall out.

My five year old boy listened to my wife telling me all this and said, "Well, if they are all going to fall out anyway, why should we have to pay for it?"

Kid is showing signs of being intelligent....

I guess the vet thought he had sucker in the office.

Tell vet he could be a mechanic too.

Redrum_69 02-07-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you been given your pussy too much candy

RJ 02-07-2007 12:20 PM

Last week my daughter's pre-school had a class trip to a concert. It was on my day off so I volunteered to help out. Our understanding was that we'd be taking a bus there. My daughter is three and is fascinated with yellow school buses. This was to be her first trip on one and she was really excited, more for the bus than the concert.

On the morning of the trip, after arriving at the school, we were told that the 3 y/o's couldn't ride the bus because of insurance regs and we would have to drive. Of course she burst into tears and cried most of the way there.

First time in her life, I think, that she was ever truly disappointed. I felt like crap about the whole thing because there was nothing I could do to make it better. Such is life, at least at times.

On the plus side, the concert was fun and the bus ride that wasn't soon faded to memory

bogie 02-07-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Dang. That's tough.

I'm curious, though. Why doesn't a cute, little, baby kitten fit into your life right now, Mr. bogie?

FAX

It is a pain in the ass!

BIG_DADDY 02-07-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

I can't stand the great majority of vets. The worst is when you have an animal with cancer. My last vet wanted to start treatment on my English Bulldog. I asked what his percentage of the animals he worked on he cured of cancer. You get that blank stare just before realizing he wanted to keep your animal alive just a little bit longer even though it would be completely miserable at a cost of 2-3k to you.