ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gretz, Re: Arrowhead naming rights (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158211)

Direckshun 02-12-2007 08:28 AM

Gretz, Re: Arrowhead naming rights

From Gretz's Mailbag Musings:

Aaron: “I read the other day that the Chiefs are trying to sell naming rights to Arrowhead. Is Lamar turning over in his grave?”

No. Aaron, you have to understand that Lamar Hunt was a traditionalist, but he was also a businessman. He would not be surprised or upset by the idea. This didn’t just come up. It’s been talked about around Arrowhead for years and Lamar was part of those discussions. I think if he were alive, he would make sure that if a sponsorship deal gets done and there is a name change, it would be done tastefully and without taking away the flavor of what it means when you say “Arrowhead.”

This is part of the world of professional sports. The Chiefs are a business and they compete against 31 other businesses. They must use all avenues to create revenue, just to keep up with the Jones. Naming rights is one way to do that. It should produce significant revenue for the team, meaning many millions of dollars each year. Last year, 18 of the 32 teams played in stadiums with naming rights deals.

Just remember this: what makes Arrowhead special is not the concrete and steel of the building, but the people sitting in the seats. As long as those seats are filled and the fans in them are excited about their team, it doesn’t matter what the stadium is called.

Direckshun 02-12-2007 08:29 AM

That last paragraph is a hoot to me. It sounds like one of those consoling comments your mom made after a loss in the car on the drive home.

Chief Henry 02-12-2007 08:44 AM

Tonight on ESPN Monday Night Football we welcome you to the Kingsford Charcoal stadium at the Gates Bar B Q Sports Complex in Kansas City, Missouri where the KC Chiefs will host the ________.

HonestChieffan 02-12-2007 08:52 AM

Much ado about nothing.

Chiefs_Fan 02-12-2007 09:09 AM

much dodo!

StcChief 02-12-2007 11:05 AM

Conagra - (Hunt's field) is perfect fit.

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 11:21 AM

If it means more money to spend on FAs I don't have a problem with it at all. It's going to happen sooner or later.

BigRedChief 02-12-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
If it means more money to spend on FAs I don't have a problem with it at all.

There will be no corelation between naming rights and FA's. Just another $3-5 million more in profit to add to the Hunt Midwest fortune.
Quote:

It's going to happen sooner or later.

yes, unfortuntly it's inevitable.

crazycoffey 02-12-2007 11:50 AM

Hallmark field

“When You Care Enough to give the Very Best”

crazycoffey 02-12-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

If it means more money to spend on FAs I don't have a problem with it at all. It's going to happen sooner or later.

probably more money to help with the rolling roof, so we can win the SB bid.

dj56dt58 02-12-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

What is this FA thing you speak of?

|Zach| 02-12-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58
What is this FA thing you speak of?

This post seems to indicate the Chiefs are not active in free agency.

ROFL

FAX 02-12-2007 01:41 PM

The Chiefs didn't have any scorers
The offensive players were borers
So, to keep fans appealed
They renamed the field
To "Peterson's Shit House Of Horrors."

FAX

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
The Chiefs didn't have any scorers