ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What's The Consensus? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158238)

FAX 02-12-2007 07:35 PM

What's The Consensus?

There's no way I have the time, talent, or intellect to evaluate a draft.

But, I was wondering ... after all the research and discussion, what's the consensus pick for the Chiefs in the first round?

Have you guys settled on anyone yet?

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

crazycoffey 02-12-2007 07:42 PM

no

OnTheWarpath15 02-12-2007 08:30 PM

Seems to me like several here are thinking BAA.

Realistically, the "premier" OT's will be gone, as will Amobi Okoye (DT)

JMO.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2007 08:38 PM

There's going to be a WR available. This draft is loaded with WRs.

There's a small chance they might have a shot at LT Levi Brown, DT Amobi Okoye or MLB Patrick Willis.

crazycoffey 02-12-2007 09:01 PM

I've seen mocks with two or three different WR, OT, QB, CB, DT, nobody knows....

or have the slightest idea. Barring a RB or TE available, any pick could be the BAA

Extra Point 02-12-2007 09:25 PM

CB Daymeion Hughes. I mentioned an ESPN Radio interview w/ Hughes this past weekend. Hughes likes what he saw in Gunther's plans for defense, and that he would fit in well.

No way we're going to get Jamarcus Russell, no way we're going to get/pick Levi Brown, no way we're going to waste money on Brady Quinn, who is not as good as Brodie Croyle.

We have the need for speed. Getting hungry meat on the hoof in the subsequent rounds makes better money sense. This is a great pool of talent this year. Carl may want a WR in the second round, since the Pruneda deal. But: DT and OG are probably the most important choices.

Tribal Warfare 02-12-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
There's no way I have the time, talent, or intellect to evaluate a draft.

But, I was wondering ... after all the research and discussion, what's the consensus pick for the Chiefs in the first round?

Have you guys settled on anyone yet?

My train of thought is KC's pick will be Jarrett due to the deep crop of athletic WRs coming into the draft. Jarrett will have subpar to average combine/ Pro Day measurables, and will slip to us. If he's gone then look for CBs Revis or Hughes. MLB Patrick Willis is another potential prospect that could be their unless the Panthers or Rams select him before us.

Archie Bunker 02-12-2007 10:20 PM

Willis or any of the potential 1st rd WRs.

Tribal Warfare 02-12-2007 11:07 PM

on a sidenote Willis reminds me of Dan Morgan before his injury problems. With his sideline to sideline speed and instincts to diagnose the situation to make the play.

suds79 02-12-2007 11:45 PM

Definitely not a conscious.

There are a few common favorites though.

Levi Brown, Amobi Okoye & Dwayne Jarrett seem to be getting the most run.

I’m just crossing my fingers we get a hold of one of them before they’re gone.

htismaqe 02-13-2007 10:19 AM

Speculation is really fruitless until after the combine anyway. Some guys are gonna rise and some are gonna fall.

Simply Red 02-13-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Speculation is really fruitless until after the combine anyway. Some guys are gonna rise and some are gonna fall.

and there is the answer in a nutshell...

Sam Hall 02-13-2007 04:12 PM

I have no idea and I'm starting to not care. The team has all kinds of needs, so take a player from one of those areas.

the Talking Can 02-13-2007 05:42 PM

my totally uninformed opinion is that WR and LB will offer the BAA at our draft position....which would mean, I would think, that we would then have to grab an OL in the 2nd...

Brock 02-13-2007 06:10 PM

This team has holes all over the place. It doesn't really matter, they could draft a lineman on either side, a linebacker, a cornerback, a qb. This is a great draft to be in that position, because there are going to be some really nice players available where the chiefs are picking.