ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   5th round: who to take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162208)

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 09:52 AM

5th round: who to take

who are guys you like to see in the 5th

we have 2 picks

I don't know who any of these people are..

we have picks:

all player reviews googled from SI.com

Deberg_1990 04-29-2007 09:53 AM

Ok, ill start.....Troy Smith......

OnTheWarpath15 04-29-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Ok, ill start.....Troy Smith......

Might as well take a backup punter.....

PunkinDrublic 04-29-2007 09:54 AM

We have got to start adding depth to our offensive line. I say get the best offensive lineman available.

Mecca 04-29-2007 09:55 AM

David Irons.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
David Irons.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized cornerback with an improving game. Jams opponents at the line, is physical throughout routes and positions himself to defend the pass. Stays with receivers anywhere on the field, displays an explosive break to the throw and flies around the field.

NEGATIVES: Prefers to side-shuffle down the field and is a little tight in his backpedal. Occasionally struggles with his back to the ball, and is better facing the action.

ANALYSIS: A developing prospect who had opposing quarterbacks throwing away from him last season, Irons finished off a terrific campaign in .06 with an outstanding showing at the Senior Bowl. Durability issues from the past must be checked out, yet the arrow is pointing upward.

PROJECTION: Late Third Round

SI
---

sounds good to me

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2007 09:59 AM

Justin Medlock out of UCLA with one of them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-29-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic
We have got to start adding depth to our offensive line. I say get the best offensive lineman available.

What you said. I don't think it would be considered depth though. We need help there now.

JBucc 04-29-2007 10:01 AM

If Manuel Ramirez is there I hope we take him.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 10:02 AM

G Nathan Bennett

Dude is a force in the running game.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Justin Medlock out of UCLA with one of them.

hmmm, a kicker?

POSITIVES: Left-footed kicker that is consistently accurate outside of 50 yards. Gets good lift on kicks and drives his field goals. Adequate kickoff leg with the ability to get the ball inside the 5-yard line from the pro mark.

NEGATIVES: Does not get great hang time on kickoffs. Will miss the easy kick from shorter distances on occasion. Pled guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge from December of '05.

ANALYSIS: A solid college field-goal kicker very reliable from long distances, Medlock must improve the consistency of his kickoffs to have a real shot at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round

The Poz 04-29-2007 10:02 AM

O-line and CB's the rest of the way.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
If Manuel Ramirez is there I hope we take him.

POSITIVES: Strong, small-area blocker with marginal upside. Blocks with good lean, anchors at the point or turns defenders off the ball. Plays with a nasty attitude and always looks for someone to hit. Patient, keeps his feet active and works well with teammates.

NEGATIVES: Lacks skills in motion and footwork in space. Struggles to adjust, and is not a true finisher. Suffered a knee injury during his junior campaign which was misdiagnosed. Underwent surgery in January to correct the situation and will not be 100 percent for some

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size, Ramirez offers the strength and attitude to play at the next level. He needs to improve his flexibility and learn to consistently get leverage on opponents yet offers starting potential.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 10:03 AM

Medlock sounds EXACTLY like Tynes.

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
hmmm, a kicker?

POSITIVES: Left-footed kicker that is consistently accurate outside of 50 yards. Gets good lift on kicks and drives his field goals. Adequate kickoff leg with the ability to get the ball inside the 5-yard line from the pro mark.

NEGATIVES: Does not get great hang time on kickoffs. Will miss the easy kick from shorter distances on occasion. Pled guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge from December of '05.

ANALYSIS: A solid college field-goal kicker very reliable from long distances, Medlock must improve the consistency of his kickoffs to have a real shot at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round

Yeah, he could help all 3 areas of the team and play right now.