ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gonzo's comment on Bowe. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164359)

Coogs 06-11-2007 12:11 PM

Gonzo's comment on Bowe.

Saw this last night on NBC 41 (not Jack Harry either). Have not seen it posted, so sorry if this is a repost.

Anyway, when asked about Bowe, Gonzo seemed very excited as to what he could bring to the team. Said Bowe is the best draft pick he has seen come to Kansas City since he has been here. Thinks he has a great chance to make a big impact his first year here because he has great ability, is smart, and studies hard. Has the ability to catch the ball away from his body. Running Hall's routes for right now.

Not word for word, but best I could do on short time with my so-so memory. If someone wants to see if 41 has a link to the intrview, be my guest.

StcChief 06-11-2007 12:14 PM

Good compliment....Gonzo. hope the impact is there.

a #1 from a school like LSU should say alot.

FAX 06-11-2007 12:15 PM

Hmmmm. High praise coming from the man who redefined the position of tight end in the NFL.

Maybe things are looking up after all.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15 06-11-2007 12:17 PM

Best draft pick since he's been here?

Granted, out drafts haven't been great until recently, but:

LJ

DJ

Allen

Tamba

Tait

Colquitt

I hope Gonzo's right.

The Franchise 06-11-2007 12:17 PM

Better than LJ? Damn...hopefully Gonzo speaks the truth.

Easy 6 06-11-2007 12:17 PM

To get him started, i definitely think its a great idea to run a lot of those Dante-like quick screen & hitches to him, nothing too complicated...just turn around, catch the ball & RUN, son.

CupidStunt 06-11-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23

As a DRAFT pick, it's not at all far-fetched. We all view LJ as the product he is now; not what we, and probably his teammates, saw at the time.

I'd say DJ was a better prospect coming into our training camp, but Bowe's up there... and Gonzo's biased towards his skill position buddies on offense.

FAX 06-11-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

I'm speculating that, perhaps, he meant on the offensive side of the ball, Mr. pestilenceaf23. But, in that case, you're right about LJ. It's a slap in the face of a young black man. Somebody needs to get in touch with Al Sharpton on this matter.

FAX

JimNasium 06-11-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp
As a DRAFT pick, it's not at all far-fetched. We all view LJ as the product he is now; not what we, and probably his teammates, saw at the time.

I'd say DJ was a better prospect coming into our training camp, but Bowe's up there... and Gonzo's biased towards his skill position buddies on offense.

Add to this the fact that he has a lot more face time during practice with him and the fact that Bowe will likely take some defensive attention away from Tony.

The Franchise 06-11-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I'm speculating that, perhaps, he meant on the offensive side of the ball, Mr. pestilenceaf23. But, in that case, you're right about LJ. It's a slap in the face of a young black man. Somebody needs to get in touch with Al Sharpton on this matter.

FAX

Wait...is it still a slap in the face since Bowe is black?

Splat420 06-11-2007 12:30 PM

With the kinda of WR's Gonzo has played with it doesn't take much to stand out.

FAX 06-11-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Wait...is it still a slap in the face since Bowe is black?

Excellent point, Mr. pestilenceaf23. This is, in fact, a slap in the face of a young, black, running back man. Somebody needs to get in touch with Jim Brown on this matter.

FAX

TRR 06-11-2007 12:36 PM

My only problem is that it seems like Bowe is getting a lot of reps as the slot guy, or the backup to Kennison's WR position. Why would Bowe not start opposite Kennison?

Splat420 06-11-2007 12:37 PM

They are just bringing him a long slow IMO no way he doesn't beat out Sammie "One Catch A Game" Parker.

FAX 06-11-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
My only problem is that it seems like Bowe is getting a lot of reps as the slot guy, or the backup to Kennison's WR position. Why would Bowe not start opposite Kennison?

Based on what little I know about the guy, I like the idea of him playing out of the slot, Mr. TRR. That is, if it's true he doesn't mind working over the middle and taking on linebackers.

FAX