ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ankle Breaker Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165042)

HemiEd 06-26-2007 09:04 AM

Vacation? Have you taken it yet?
 
If you have, where have you gone? If not, are you taking one? Where are you going?

Oh, I am a Wichita tourism statistic, what a beautiful place!

Buehler445 06-26-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
If you have, where have you gone? If not, are you taking one? Where are you going?

Oh, I am a Wichita tourism statistic, what a beautiful place!

Do you live in Wichita?

Dartgod 06-26-2007 09:10 AM

Went to Noel, Mo to float the Elk River in early June.

Going to Vegas in October. We'll probably take a few camping trips in between.

Donger 06-26-2007 09:12 AM

I may get the chance to go back to Monaco this summer. We'll see.

Scaga 06-26-2007 09:15 AM

Wow....
People come here on purpose????
I thought they only came to Wichita to pick up airplanes?

:hmmm:

Mr. Plow 06-26-2007 09:17 AM

Going to Dallas in July. It's cold in Dallas in July....right? :rolleyes:

Going to San Antonio in October.

Both business trips, but should be some time for fun and golf.

Bacon Cheeseburger 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Went to Noel, Mo to float the Elk River in early June.

Going to Vegas in October. We'll probably take a few camping trips in between.

Heh, I have some friends down in the Noel area, I've been down there many times floating on that river. Is that bridge by the Elk River campground where you have to lay down in your canoe to get under it still there? And what is going on with Ginger Blue these days, has it fallen to the ground yet? It was just being used as housing for the mexicans that work at the chicken plant the last time I was down there. It used to be a nice place back in the day.

Stewie 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

Heading out on Saturday for 10 days in the Rocky Mountains.

sd4chiefs 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

I'm going to Wichita in a few weeks to visit with my Bizzaro In-laws. :(

Sure-Oz 06-26-2007 09:21 AM

Not yet, probably the first week of september, which is my bday week, may go to cabo san lucas if we can afford to.

wutamess 06-26-2007 09:22 AM

Just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas: Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West. 2nd time I'd been on the exact same cruise.

Had the time of my life.
Swam with dolphins(Nassau), snorkeled(Coco Cay), rode scooters all around KeyWest.

Going to Dallas this weekend for family reunion.

rageeumr 06-26-2007 09:23 AM

Went to Breckenridge in January. Went to Chicago last month for work. Going back to Chicago over labor day. I won a 7 night stay in Panama City in a silent auction that I haven't used yet. That pretty much kills the vacation for this year.

Oh, and I took a day off work to go to Rolla for St. Pat's. :D

Tatertot13 06-26-2007 09:23 AM

Spent a week in the Turks and Caicos Islands

Dartgod 06-26-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugpeterbeater
Heh, I have some friends down in the Noel area, I've been down there many times floating on that river. Is that bridge by the Elk River campground where you have to lay down in your canoe to get under it still there? And what is going on with Ginger Blue these days, has it fallen to the ground yet? It was just being used as housing for the mexicans that work at the chicken plant the last time I was down there. It used to be a nice place back in the day.

The low water bridge was replaced a few years ago, from what I'm told. My wife was telling me about the old bridge that you had to lay down to get under, just like you described. We stayed at that campground by the bridge the last two years.

Ginger Blue hotel, or whatever it was has been leveled. Nothing left there now but an empty lot.

Bacon Cheeseburger 06-26-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie
Heading out on Saturday for 10 days in the Rocky Mountains.

Good choice. I was out there in 2005, it's incredible if you've never been out there before. Just make sure you buy your beer in liquor stores and have current proof of insurance.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.