ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Hot Dog Etiquette (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165357)

WARPARTY70 07-02-2007 05:34 PM

Hot Dog Etiquette

Just in time for the 4th
The Do's and Don't: Everyday guidance for eating America's sacred food.
1. Don't put hot dog topping between the hot dog and the bun. Always ''dress the dog,'' not the bun.
Condiments should be applied in the following order: wet condiments like mustard and chili are applied first,followed by chunky condiments like relish,onions and sauerkraut,followed by shedded chesse,followed by spices like celery salt or pepper.
2.Do serve sesame seed,poppy seed and plain buns with hot dogs, sun-dried tomato buns or basil buns are considered gauche with franks.
3.Don't use a cloth napkins to wipe your mouth when eating a hot dog, paper is always preferable.
4.Do eat hot dogs on buns with your hands, Utensils should not touch hot dogs on buns.
5.Do use paper plates to serve hot dogs. Every days dishes are acceptable;china is a no-no.
6.Don't take more than five bites to finish a hot dog, For foot-long wiener,seven are acceptable.
7.Don't leave bits of buns on your plate. Eat it all. Fresh herbs on the same plate with hot dogs are a major ''Don't...''
Mustard,relish,onions,chesse and chili are appeptable.
8.Don't use ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18.
9.Do -Condiments remaining on the fingers after eating a hot dog should be licked away,not washed.
10.Do use multi-colored toothpicks to serve cocktail wieners. Cocktail forks are in poor taste.
11.Don't send a thank you note following a hot dog barbecue. It would not be in keeping with the unpretenious nature of hot dogs.
12.Don't bring wine to a hot dog barbecue. Beer,lemonade and iced tea are preferable.
13. Don't ever think there is a wrong time to serve hot dogs.

HemiEd 07-02-2007 05:39 PM

Pretty much agree with everything except, I like to put the chunky stuff like onions under the dog. They stay put that way.

KCChiefsMan 07-02-2007 05:40 PM

whats wrong with ketchup on a hot dog? I suppose if you have kraut or onions than they wouldn't go together, but I usually use mustard and ketchup and thats usually it

DaKCMan AP 07-02-2007 05:41 PM

People who put ketchup on hot dogs are teh ghey.

KCChiefsMan 07-02-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP

it's a hot dog, I can see somebody get uppidity about ketchup use if it were on a steak! but a hot dog?

HemiEd 07-02-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP

Yesterday, after playing golf, we were setting around settling up. One of the guys, put ketchup on a hot dog. OMG, it was funny, especially in Chicago hot dog territory.

Personally, I don't like ketchup on anything with a bun.

KCChiefsMan 07-02-2007 05:48 PM

I guess I could be hot-dog deprived, the only hot dogs I've eaten were cheap franks from the store. Maybe I should venture out and find a top-notch dog somewhere

WARPARTY70 07-02-2007 05:53 PM

I like coleslaw on my dogs.

HemiEd 07-02-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I guess I could be hot-dog deprived, the only hot dogs I've eaten were cheap franks from the store. Maybe I should venture out and find a top-notch dog somewhere

They still suck. But I think they are best with just mustard, onions and cheese.

luv 07-02-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WARPARTY70
I like coleslaw on my dogs.

Ugh! Slaw on pulled pork only.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-02-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

Ugh! Why would anyone put slaw on meat.

bogie 07-02-2007 06:54 PM

Ketchup no, mayonnaise, mustard, onions or jalapenos oh yea!

RJ 07-02-2007 07:06 PM

Gentlemen, it's all good.

Mustard, catsup, chili, relish, onions, kraut.......as long as you start with a quality dog it doesn't matter.

Make mine with jalapeno mustard and a little sweet pickle relish, please!

The Franchise 07-02-2007 07:06 PM

F that....I'm putting ketchup on my hot dog....and there's not a damn thing you can do about it!

Bugeater 07-02-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

Oh yes! There's a little bbq joint down the street from me that does that, I've wondered if it was common or if it was something they came up with. I guess that answers that question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Ugh! Why would anyone put slaw on meat.

Don't knock it unless you've tried it. It sounds gross but it's actually really good.