ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What's with the medias love affair with steroid boy Merriman? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165427)

PunkinDrublic 07-04-2007 12:21 PM

What's with the medias love affair with steroid boy Merriman?

Yesterday I'm watching sportscenter, and guess who they decide to do their day in the life segment on? That roided up POS Ferriman. It's bad enough to see espn and other networks kiss this guys ass during football season but seeing, another feature on Ferriman and his supposedly unique boxing training regiman damn near made me put a bullet through my TV Elvis style. Ferriman will no doubt join the tradition of Howie Long, Mark Shlereth and Shannon Sharpe as players I hated who will get a cushy studio analyst job when their playing career is finished.

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-04-2007 12:52 PM

Breaking the rules is ok as long as you treat the media nice so they like you.

Fire Me Boy! 07-04-2007 12:56 PM

Can he speak clearly? If so, he's already 4 steps ahead of Shannon Sharpe.

orange 07-04-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic
Yesterday I'm watching sportscenter, and guess who they decide to do their day in the life segment on? That roided up POS Ferriman. It's bad enough to see espn and other networks kiss this guys ass during football season but seeing, another feature on Ferriman and his supposedly unique boxing training regiman damn near made me put a bullet through my TV Elvis style. Ferriman will no doubt join the tradition of Howie Long, Mark Shlereth and Shannon Sharpe as players I hated who will get a cushy studio analyst job when their playing career is finished.

Hey, if you're going into Elvis mode, give me a Cadillac, will you?

Rooster 07-05-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
Can he speak clearly? If so, he's already 4 steps ahead of Shannon Sharpe.

ROFL ROFL That is so true. You would think that a TV Network would make him do some kind of speech lessons.

Ultra Peanut 07-05-2007 08:02 AM

HE KILL HIS FAMMILLLY

Braincase 07-05-2007 08:09 AM

"So Shawn, is it easier to end somebody's career with a head shot with or without the juice?"

boogblaster 07-05-2007 08:17 AM

Maybe LJ will run over the worm and end his career...

Buehler445 07-05-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase
"So Shawn, is it easier to end somebody's career with a head shot with or without the juice?"

"I'm going to have to say with steroids, Mr. Case, it gives you the extra boost you need to really end someones career."

DJJasonp 07-05-2007 09:04 AM

It started with Chris Berman and his man crush he has for all things chargers....

and it builds from there....I think the chargers are the only exception to the rule for publicity for ESPN (East Coast Sports & Poker Network).

Chiefs Pantalones 07-05-2007 09:08 AM

Maybe DJ should roid up so he can be a playmaker like Merriman? ;)

bobbything 07-05-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic

To ESPN's credit, you did watch it.

Sully 07-05-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
To ESPN's credit, you did watch it.

Also, roids or not... cheap shots or not... he's still one of the top 3 or 4 defensive players in the league.

Frazod 07-05-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
HE KILL HIS FAMMILLLY

I should take out policies on them.

el borracho 07-05-2007 01:21 PM

"What's with the medias love affair with steroid boy Merriman?"

Is this a serious question? Merriman is a media dream; here are a few of the reasons why the media can't stop talking about him:

Merriman is a pro-bowl player
Merriman plays on one of the most talented Ds in the league
Merriman is animated
Merriman has been involved in dubious activity (steroid suspension)