ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Guitarists / Musicians - In here now please... need some help (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165435)

pr_capone 07-04-2007 04:54 PM

Guitarists / Musicians - In here now please... need some help

I'm doing some early christmas shopping and needed your opinion on this wah pedal.

Behringer ULTRA WAH UW300

http://cgi.ebay.com/Behringer-UW300-...QQcmdZViewItem

I've not heard of the brand before so I thought I would ask for your opinions.

Thanks

chagrin 07-04-2007 05:39 PM

Mainly drums, sorry

htismaqe 07-04-2007 05:59 PM

That's really not a wah pedal. That's a digital processor that emulates a wah pedal.

I have this:

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/misc/wha.html

trndobrd 07-04-2007 09:01 PM

Spend the extra $20 and get an original Dunlop crybaby.

Braincase 07-04-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
Spend the extra $20 and get an original Dunlop crybaby.

Agreed.

Lzen 07-06-2007 08:54 AM

Doesn't appear to be an actual wah. Looks like it is just an on/off switch for auto wah. Which really isn't a true manual wah pedal. As for the brand, I have a Behringer mixer and it is decent for a cheap little mixer.

pr_capone 07-06-2007 08:57 AM

ntroducing the Lethal ULTRA WAH UW300 from BEHRINGER

The UW300 gives you popular auto-wah effects for all styles and sounds as well as killer performance that’ll make your blood freeze.

The UW300 features dedicated Sensitivity, Manual, Depth and Rate controls for awesome sound shaping. A cool blue status LED for effect on/off and battery check plus a first-class electronic on/off switch for highest signal integrity in bypass mode are included. The UW300 runs on a 9 V battery or a DC power supply (not included).

The UW300 is the auto-wah pedal you’ve been looking for.

QuikSsurfer 07-06-2007 09:01 AM

anything by behringer is total crap (minus a few of their budget amps)
stick to vox or the crybaby for wahwah

Lzen 07-06-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
anything by behringer is total crap (minus a few of their budget amps)
stick to vox or the crybaby for wahwah

That is a pretty broad (and likely uninformed statement). I have a little 4 channel mixer that works just fine. Sure, it's no Mackie. But it works for my purpose and it was very inexpensive.

Lzen 07-06-2007 09:14 AM

Here is a decent true wah pedal. It has a real-time expression pedal rather than just an on/off pedal like the one you were looking at. It is twice the price but if you want a true and inexpensive wah, this is probably the best bang for your buck.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=150756

QuikSsurfer 07-06-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
That is a pretty broad (and likely uninformed statement). I have a little 4 channel mixer that works just fine. Sure, it's no Mackie. But it works for my purpose and it was very inexpensive.

the german company specializes in copying existing equipment designs - always lower budget.
behringer makes decent amateur products (including their mixers).
why buy a squire when you could own a strat?

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2007 10:37 AM

Behringer is a consumer grade product: Nothing more, nothing less. It all depends on budget. If you only have $100 to spend on a mixer, there's only one alternative and that's Behringer. If you have $300, you're not likely to purchase a Behringer because there are much better options at $300 than their products.

That being said, what do you want a Wah pedal for? An auto-wah would be cool if you're playing 70's disco (or pr0n music) and don't want to constantly pump your foot. Are you looking to solo, Voodoo Chile style? If so, you'll need a real Wah pedal, such as the Vox, Dunlop, Morley or my personal fav, the Fulltone.

If you *don't* know what you want, don't buy on Ebay. Buy from an online dealer like Musician's Friend that has a generous return policy. You don't want to get stuck with something, inexpensive or not, that you won't use after purchasing.

Better yet, go to a local music store and actually audition the different products to determine what you want and need. If that's not possible (no dealers in your area), order from Musician's Friend. Just make sure to keep all your original boxes, packing, paperwork, etc. and don't damage the product in any way before determining if it's right for you.

Good luck.

digi2fish 07-06-2007 11:29 AM

In fact, I have an original Dunlop Crybaby and I haven't been using it since I bought a BOSS GT-8, do you have an interest of it?

Lzen 07-06-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
why buy a squire when you could own a strat?

Well duh.....because it is cheaper. Not everyone has an indispensable income.

FTR, I own a Les Paul Special. ;)

Lzen 07-06-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Behringer is a consumer grade product: Nothing more, nothing less. It all depends on budget. If you only have $100 to spend on a mixer, there's only one alternative and that's Behringer. If you have $300, you're not likely to purchase a Behringer because there are much better options at $300 than their products.

That being said, what do you want a Wah pedal for? An auto-wah would be cool if you're playing 70's disco (or pr0n music) and don't want to constantly pump your foot. Are you looking to solo, Voodoo Chile style? If so, you'll need a real Wah pedal, such as the Vox, Dunlop, Morley or my personal fav, the Fulltone.

If you *don't* know what you want, don't buy on Ebay. Buy from an online dealer like Musician's Friend that has a generous return policy. You don't want to get stuck with something, inexpensive or not, that you won't use after purchasing.

Better yet, go to a local music store and actually audition the different products to determine what you want and need. If that's not possible (no dealers in your area), order from Musician's Friend. Just make sure to keep all your original boxes, packing, paperwork, etc. and don't damage the product in any way before determining if it's right for you.

Good luck.

This is solid advice.