ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dude, just has to be a little ticked (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=170589)

Mr. Laz 09-21-2007 09:05 PM

Dude just has to be a little ticked

i was looking for a Direct tivo to buy on Ebay and notice this guy was selling one and he was obviously trying to make a few extra bucks on shipping. It was 5-10 dollars more than it should of been. Then i noticed that nobody was bidding on the item so i checked it out. The sellar had a pretty bad feedback pretty recently. I looked at the rest of his feedbacks and he had positives on all the rest ... prolly a 100 or so.

so figure what the heck ...... i'll low bid and it will be worth the risk even with the feedback issue.

i was surprised when the bid held. :)

most people are going High Def ...... but $16.50 for a regular Directivo is still pretty good.

PBJ PBJ

got it today and it's in good condition and works like a charm.

he can't be too happy :p

Mr. Kotter 09-21-2007 09:11 PM

Congrats. :thumb:

....cheap bastard..... :p

TinyEvel 09-21-2007 09:40 PM

Welcome to three years ago.
:shrug:

Simply Red 09-21-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i was looking for a Direct tivo to buy on Ebay and notice this guy was selling one and he was obviously trying to make a few extra bucks on shipping. It was 5-10 dollars more than it should of been. Then i noticed that nobody was bidding on the item so i checked it out. The sellar had a pretty bad feedback pretty recently. I looked at the rest of his feedbacks and he had positives on all the rest ... prolly a 100 or so.

so figure what the heck ...... i'll low bid and it will be worth the risk even with the feedback issue.

i was surprised when the bid held. :)

most people are going High Def ...... but $16.50 for a regular Directivo is still pretty good.

PBJ PBJ

got it today and it's in good condition and works like a charm.

he can't be too happy :p

hey, I was pissed when my 299.00 Prada's sold for 45.00. But part of the deal.

Simplex3 09-21-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
hey, I was pissed when my 299.00 Prada's sold for 45.00. But part of the deal.

Just be glad I didn't find out you owned Pradas. I would have had to revoke your man card.

chiefsfan987 09-22-2007 01:41 AM

He probably stole it in the first place and is just happy to get rid of it for something.

kepp 09-22-2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i was looking for a Direct tivo to buy on Ebay...

So its the actual TiVO brand? I need to get another one. We have the TiVO downstairs and its great. Then we got DirecTV's DVR upstairs and it sucks...always cutting off shows...or not recording them...etc.

Mr. Laz 09-22-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp
So its the actual TiVO brand? I need to get another one. We have the TiVO downstairs and its great. Then we got DirecTV's DVR upstairs and it sucks...always cutting off shows...or not recording them...etc.

yep ... tivo brand still sell all the time on Ebay

http://search.ebay.com/SD-DVR40_W0QQ...tleZSDQ2dDVR40

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-22-2007 10:13 AM

It reminds me of the time that I bought mine new.....for free.

Mr. Laz 09-22-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
It reminds me of the time that I bought mine new.....for free.

any cute and cuddly puppies nearby for you to kick?

BigMeatballDave 09-22-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Just be glad I didn't find out you owned Pradas. I would have had to revoke your man card.

I don't think he was ever issued one...

David. 09-22-2007 01:17 PM

I work at radioshack and there have been multiple times where we've sold tivo's for $219 with a $220 Mail-in Rebate. :shrug:

Skip Towne 09-22-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.
I work at radioshack and there have been multiple times where we've sold tivo's for $219 with a $220 Mail-in Rebate. :shrug:

Why do all these companies want to use rebates? Is sending shit back and forth more economical?

David. 09-22-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Why do all these companies want to use rebates? Is sending shit back and forth more economical?

Basically they count on the fact that about 1 in 4 or 5 people are too lazy/dumb to actually do the correct procedure to get the rebate back. You'd be surprised how many people will bring me back a rebate 4 months after I've sold them a phone when the rebate is already expired and ask me how to fill the form out.

Basic corporate deviousness.

greg63 09-22-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne

I think it's because they know most people won't take the time to bother with them.