ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   An Open Letter to Bill Callahan (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171698)

Sam Hall 10-06-2007 10:01 PM

An Open Letter to Bill Callahan

Dear Coach Callahan,

I have a lot to say to you. I'd like to know why your version of the West Coast Offense tanks when your team plays against tough competition. The problem about tonight is Missouri's defense isn't supposed to be tough. You made the Tigers' defense look like the Baltimore Ravens' defense. Coach, I think you rely too much on yards after the catch. I don't think your version of the West Coast Offense works in college football. Jerry Rice and Rich Gannon don't play for Nebraska. Open up the play book and get creative with both runs and passes.

You don't seem to be a good motivator, coach. I have not seen any leadership from players and coaches. What happened against Ball State? I know your team beat the little guy, whereas other teams have not, but you put me on the edge of sheer embarrassment. You scared the shit out of me, coach. A loss to Ball State would have been the worst loss in the program's history, and Nebraska has been playing football since 1890.

Can you please replace defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove after the season? I know he's your buddy, but we need an aggressive scheme on defense.

I thought you were progressing the program, but I am no longer sure. I've defended you to the point of getting blasted by other people. I've dealt with the shit because I thought you could turn around the program. Coach, I think you would make a great used car salesmen. You emphasize recruiting, and the team does have talent, but all Husker fans deserve better results on the field.

Coach, you just received a contract extension. Use the time you've bought yourself and make something happen. I'll be at the Texas A&M game in two weeks. I can't help but think I wasted more than $750 on two nights at the Embassy Suites, because our season is over, unless Missouri blows their biggest opportunity to win the North. I'm not counting on it.

Even then, why would it matter? Why travel to San Antonio if the team would get crushed by Oklahoma? That is not progress.

Sincerely, Big Red Ryan or Sam Hall or whatever

Bugeater 10-06-2007 10:08 PM

He doesn't give a shit, his job is safe. This is the way it's going to be until some major housecleaning gets done, from the chancellor on down.

Molitoth 10-06-2007 10:10 PM

This is pathetic.

Molitoth 10-06-2007 10:10 PM

The game, i mean. Not the letter.

teedubya 10-06-2007 10:19 PM

Nebraska was dooooomed the moment they hired a Raiders retread. Seriously, wtf were they thinking?

Sam Hall 10-06-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunRunPassPunt
Nebraska was dooooomed the moment they hired a Raiders retread. Seriously, wtf were they thinking?

That gets into my car salesmen bit about bringing the WCO to Nebraska and recruiting.

Bugeater 10-06-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunRunPassPunt

You'll have to ask our jackass AD that question. Here's his e-mail address:

steve@huskers.com

Sam Hall 10-06-2007 10:30 PM

My letter could be a work in progress.

Sam Hall 10-06-2007 10:35 PM

No amount of Matt Davison talk will change what happened tonight.

Coach 10-06-2007 10:39 PM

If I was a Husker fan, I would just ask for his resignation, period.

Sam Hall 10-06-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
If I was a Husker fan, I would just ask for his resignation, period.

Another transition isn't the answer right now. I want Cosgrove gone after the season, and give Callahan one more year to show something. It's a bad situation no matter what.

Bugeater 10-06-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
Another transition isn't the answer right now.

The hell it isn't and Pedersen's ass should be out the door with him.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2007 10:51 PM

But, But.....He took the Raiders to a Super Bowl.....

Sam Hall 10-06-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
The hell it isn't and Pedersen's ass should be out the door with him.

I'd like to think the University would shell out millions for an elite coach, but they never have in the past.

Bugeater 10-06-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
I'd like to think the University would shell out millions for an elite coach, but they never have in the past.

We don't need an "elite" coach. We just need one with a friggin' brain.