ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC Area local commercials from days gone by (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174470)

Megbert 11-13-2007 08:55 PM

KC Area local commercials from days gone by

"Standard Improooovment Company"

"Bet your boots"

"Buy your new car from Ernie Frey Ford"

Frank Ancona Guy with a Jillion Hondas?

The early QuickTrip commercials with Lamar the dog? Ain't that right Lamar? Not necessarily local.

Ray Adams and his goatee graphic that sponsored "Friday Fright Night" on KCTV 5

What ones do you remember??

Baby Lee 11-13-2007 08:58 PM

There ain't EVEN a swingin' Red Bridge exit anymore.

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
There ain't EVEN a swingin' Red Bridge exit anymore.

Must be bad for business.

Deberg_1990 11-13-2007 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Who could ever forget this one late on Friday Nights in the late 70's - Mid 80's...

Baby Lee 11-13-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan
Must be bad for business.

Business long gone, massive Grandview Triangle reconfiguration.

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Who could ever forget this one late on Friday Nights in the late 70's - Mid 80's...

I liked the rotating skull with the voice over. Watched the original Little Shop of Horrors, some movie about ginormous ants, a big squid/octopus that drug unsuspecting people standing by the ocean, SSSSSlither and on and on.

Deberg_1990 11-13-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

I liked the rotating skull with the voice over. Watched the original Little Shop of Horrors, some movie about ginormous ants, a big squid/octopus that drug unsuspecting people standing by the ocean, SSSSSlither and on and on.

Yep...i remember quite a few of those. Im fairly certain that show spawned my love of old 70's B flicks.

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Business long gone, massive Grandview Triangle reconfiguration.

Bit of dry wit in my post.

JohninGpt 11-13-2007 09:09 PM

It's been a damn long time since I lived in that area (1975?), but I still remember the local weather guy doing the "Bowling for Dollars" bits during commercials. Funny thing is, I can't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning.

Baby Lee 11-13-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Bit of dry wit in my post.

I figured, but didn't know [being an AZ kinda guy] if you knew why there wasn't a swingin' Red Bridge exit anymore.

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Yep...i remember quite a few of those. Im fairly certain that show spawned my love of old 70's B flicks.

The original Trilogy of TERROR!!!!

http://www.slantmagazine.com/images/...gyofterror.jpg

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninGpt
It's been a damn long time since I lived in that area (1975?), but I still remember the local weather guy doing the "Bowling for Dollars" bits during commercials. Funny thing is, I can't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning.

Fred Broski? Then I think Don Fortune???

Baby Lee 11-13-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninGpt

Remember when the grocery store gave out horse racing forms and they showed the race on TV, and if the horse picked on your form won, you got groceries or something?

It'd have to be mid-70s, as the 'rents tossed the TV when I hit grade school.

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

I figured, but didn't know [being an AZ kinda guy] if you knew why there wasn't a swingin' Red Bridge exit anymore.

I appreciate the info.

Megbert 11-13-2007 09:12 PM

Howdy Neighbor - Janie? for Milgrams