ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   moreau??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=18086)

chevyfan 08-07-2001 05:46 AM

moreau???

would like anyones thoughts on frank moreau, i really like this kid

mcan 08-07-2001 05:59 AM

I like Frank's work ethic and ability to hit the hole hard. It really impressed me to see him cut down his weight and improve his speed this off season. He obviously wants to fit the Marshall Faulk mould and make a good impression for his new coaching staff. The bummer is, aside from his long gain through the middle yesterday, I haven't heard anything about his progress. I can't wait for Sunday. We will see alot of him in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
BTW If you haven't seen him since he cut his weight, prepare to be shocked- He looks cut, almost "small," and training camp has probably got him in the best shape of his life.:)

Mark M 08-07-2001 06:04 AM

If Blaylock is as good as they say, I gotta feeling either Moreau or Cloud will be history.

And since Moreau is the lower draft pick, it'll probably be him ... unless he can make it on special teams or something (although not many RBs play ST).

MM
~~Would prefer to see Cloud gone.

Bob Dole 08-07-2001 06:18 AM

Bob Dole isn't sure the draft pick thing will hold up under the Vermeil regime. Seems Carl has more confidence in Dick's recommendations, and he might be willing to make the "I made a mistake" move that he wouldn't have in the past.

mcan 08-07-2001 06:23 AM

Bob,
Do you really think that Cloud was a mistake? Could it not be just another case of "running back misappropriation?"

Bob Dole 08-07-2001 06:37 AM

Bob Dole personally doesn't think Cloud was a mistake, but hasn't seen enough of him to know for sure. Same with "Fred" Moreau.

Bob Dole <b>has</b> to root for Blaylock, though, because he went to high school a stone's throw from here. (Same reason Bob Dole has to root for Warfield and wanted KC to pick up Mike Cherry as the 3rd QB...)

You just <b>have</b> to root for the locals. (Though Rod Smith can kiss Bob Dole's fat white butt.)

TEX 08-07-2001 11:30 AM

IMHO, I think Cloud was a mistake at # 2. Maybe not in round 4,5, or 6, but at round 2, he should have contributed more than he has. That play on the goal line at Tennessee last year was just about the worst bit of running I've seen by a RB at any level. The block was there and he failed to cut inside, which had he done, it was a sure TD and we win at Tennessee. Instead he chose to go outside and....well we all know what happened. For someone that was supposed to have "vision" and be dubbed as a "poor man's Marcus Allen" this guy is an imposter. No way any RB with vision doesn't folow that block in for the score. :mad:

Logical 08-07-2001 11:39 AM

My thoughts are that I hope we do not hear much about Blaylock, Moreau and Cloud this year.

I hope we hear Priest Holmes name about 59% of the time and T. Rich 39% and other names about 2% of the time.

Jim will be happy if that is the case!

Bob Dole 08-07-2001 11:44 AM

Yeah. Those 4 carries Cloud had in the preseason should have prepared him adequately for that game situation.

Bob Dole assumes you missed Cloud's TD against Seattle, where he displayed exactly the opposite of what you saw against Tennessee.

htismaqe 08-07-2001 11:46 AM

I really think (and hope) that Holmes is it at the position. Nothing against TRich, but if Holmes gets 275 carries and 50 catches, I'll be freaking jumping for joy.

What gives me hope is that the guy is versatile. He's shown flashes running, DV says he can catch in the flat or lined up as a receiver, and he can block as evidenced by his crushing hit on Marvcus the other day. He may not be Marshall Faulk, but he is the total package, something that we haven't had here for a while. We've had fast backs, and big backs, and good blockers, and good receivers, but not someone who could do everything...

Logical 08-07-2001 11:59 AM

Parker,

I just think that T. Rich will get his 39% from the FB position and single back sets. I, like you, hope that Priest is pretty much it from the tailback position.

htismaqe 08-07-2001 12:02 PM

Honestly, after watching Marshall Faulk last year (had him on my FFL team, and yes I won it all...) I would also like to see Holmes get some reps in the one-back.

He can certainly block well enough, just ask Marvcus! :D

Tribal Warfare 08-07-2001 03:45 PM

I still think Frank Moreau should've stayed a 230Lbs and tried for an FB spot. The guy is a Kimble Ander's type of ballplayer.

keg in kc 08-07-2001 03:46 PM

from kcchiefs.com today:

Q: How’s (RB) Frank Moreau looked ?

VERMEIL: "He looked good yesterday. Frank Moreau had his best practice yesterday. For a running back to look good, the offensive line has to do well. Sometimes you end up with the first offensive line against the second defensive line. All of a sudden, the running back looks better because he’s getting some room to run. The other (opposite), too. I thought he showed a flash yesterday; there’s no question he’s a player. It’s just whether he’s a starter here, a backup, or what. He can play in the league."

NaptownChief 08-07-2001 03:52 PM

I would imagine the Moreau is very safely on the roster...Cloud is long gone and so is Dante Hall but I think he is officially a WR/KR but regardless he will be out the door also...

Cloud will be hanging out with the Truth this season...Unless NE signs him due to his popularity from his BC days...