ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Donks release Javon Walker (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180962)

Captain Obvious 02-29-2008 02:34 PM

Donks release Javon Walker
 
No link, but just reported on Outside the Lines.

BigRock 02-29-2008 02:35 PM

Another winning move for Shanny.

Bill Lundberg 02-29-2008 02:36 PM

Maybe now that EK is gone we can sign Walker to put sumpin on day a$$

Chiefs_5627 02-29-2008 02:36 PM

Im actually kinda intrigued with him, if the knee checks out........:shrug:

StcChief 02-29-2008 02:36 PM

must be a reason....

Sure-Oz 02-29-2008 02:39 PM

He is definetly worth a look if he is healthy

JBucc 02-29-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 4608380)
must be a reason....

Well he was injured, but I do also recall some bad blood between him and the team.

Mile High Mania 02-29-2008 02:42 PM

Javon was injured and the bad blood came from his comments about "not feeling like a part of the team" as Brandon Marshall evolved in 2007 while Javon was nursing his injury. Denver traded for him with the injury concern and gave him a shot... he had a nice 2006 and then a gimpy 2007.

It's unfortunate, but he has issues with the idea that maybe he's not the #1 guy now... so, good luck in the future.

noa 02-29-2008 02:50 PM

Yeah, Brandon Marshall definitely grew into a much better player throughout the season, which makes this move reasonable. The injury risk and the attitude problem just aren't worth it.
I would have done the same if I was them.

dirk digler 02-29-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 4608394)
Javon was injured and the bad blood came from his comments about "not feeling like a part of the team" as Brandon Marshall evolved in 2007 while Javon was nursing his injury. Denver traded for him with the injury concern and gave him a shot... he had a nice 2006 and then a gimpy 2007.

It's unfortunate, but he has issues with the idea that maybe he's not the #1 guy now... so, good luck in the future.

When is Pat Bowlin and the fans going to start to hold Shanahan responsible for all his ****ups? Pretty much every decision he has made at least in FA sucks ass. His drafts haven't fared much better either.

vailpass 02-29-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4608411)
When is Pat Bowlin and the fans going to start to hold Shanahan responsible for all his ****ups? Pretty much every decision he has made at least in FA sucks ass. His drafts haven't fared much better either.

I don't know, why don't we ask Carl Peterson what he thinks?

Dicky McElephant 02-29-2008 02:58 PM

I doubt he's going to want to come here and be #2 to Bowe.

Dicky McElephant 02-29-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4608414)
I don't know, why don't we ask Carl Peterson what he thinks?

Can't...he's on vacation.

dirk digler 02-29-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4608414)
I don't know, why don't we ask Carl Peterson what he thinks?

99.9% of Chief fans hate Carl Peterson and want him fired. I don't hear a whole lot of bitching about Shanahan.

Sure-Oz 02-29-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4608419)
100% of Chief fans hate Carl Peterson and want him fired. I don't hear a whole lot of bitching about Shanahan.

FYP


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.