ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   When did you first realize you were old/older? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182100)

The Franchise 03-26-2008 08:58 AM

When did you first realize you were old/older?

I'm not saying that I'm old by any means. I'm only 27 and I know some of you around here are pushing 100.

I was at Target the other day searching for my "damn rock music" as the old people would put it, and I overheard two "younger" girls talking about CDs they were looking at. When I say younger I mean along the lines of 14-16...although who can really tell anymore. Anyways I overheard them talking about the Poison's Greatest Hits CD and one girl turned to the other one and said "Who's Poison?". The other girl had no clue as well.

At that point in time....I've determined that I'm getting older and it's all downhill from here.

So when did you first notice that you were old?

I'll be waiting for the Skip joke as well....

Sorry if r.epost.

ChiefsFire 03-26-2008 09:01 AM

When my first grey hair appeared down there.

Mr. Plow 03-26-2008 09:05 AM

When I made the "Old man getting off the couch" noise. You know what I'm talking about. That "I'm struggling to stand up" noise.

That accompanied with many gray hairs in my beard. Oy vey. Only 30, but kids make me feel like I'm 50.

Bugeater 03-26-2008 09:05 AM

I realized it back when we got a car with moonroof, I was cruising down the highway on a nice spring day with the roof open and the sun shining down on me. I was feeling good until I glanced up in the rearview mirror and noticed the sun reflecting off my scalp through all my thinning hair...

Sorry, I thought I could talk about it.

MIAdragon 03-26-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4650116)

Sorry if r.epost.

- dick

Music usually does it, when you hear a song on the radio and its referred to as “Old School” or “back in the day” and its something you listened to in HS or collage.

Nzoner 03-26-2008 09:05 AM

I asked a younger woman to dance at a club one night and she said,"You're old enough to be my dad."

I looked at her and replied,"You should've just kicked me in the nuts,it would've felt better."

Demonpenz 03-26-2008 09:07 AM

the wierd thing about poisen and bon jovi is of course the younger people sing it as a novelty but i remember that being serious shit back then.

wilas101 03-26-2008 09:07 AM

When I was getting a haircut and the barber ran the clippers around the inside of my ear. :(

gblowfish 03-26-2008 09:08 AM

When all of the hair on my chest turned gray.

I was listening to the radio back a few months ago. The Ramones came on. The jock said "There's an oldie but a goodie..."

Delivered a job to a warehouse a couple weeks ago. The kid in the warehouse was a 20 something pierced I-Pod wearing skate punk type. He looked at my shoes and said "Where'd you get those Reebok high tops. Those are OLD SCHOOL!" I bought them a month ago. I wanted to KILL him.

Damn kids....stay off my lawn!

Monty 03-26-2008 09:08 AM

I was Christmas shopping a couple of years ago and purchased some items at Bed Bath & Beyond. The clerk(she was in her late teens/early twenties) asked me a question....don't remember what it was, but I replied back with something that I thought was quite clever and was waiting for her to laugh and/or relate. Instead, she says "Yeah, that's what my Dad always says too".....that's when I knew I was "old"

Demonpenz 03-26-2008 09:09 AM

I officially knew I was getting older when I get really bad hangovers .

tyton75 03-26-2008 09:09 AM

I think for me... it was the "EMO" movement... I didn't understand wtf it was... I mean, I knew people like that in HS.. but we just called them freaks!

The fact that they now have a "name"... I dont' know what the hell i'm trying to say.. I'm an old fuk at 32!

Now get off my lawn!!!

milkman 03-26-2008 09:12 AM

Music doesn't do it for me.

I never liked the music of my generation, and have always preferred the music from the 50's and earlier.

I realized I was older when I began participating on these Chiefs forums, and seemingly 90% if you poor bastards are to young to have seen the SB Chiefs.

Radar Chief 03-26-2008 09:14 AM

So, who is Poison anyway? ;)

Bugeater 03-26-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4650142)
Music doesn't do it for me.

I never liked the music of my generation, and have always preferred the music from the 50's and earlier.

:spock: Earlier than the 50s? You mean like polka and shit like that?