ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***** Official KU vs Davidson NCAA Tourney Game Thread .***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182228)

ROYC75 03-28-2008 11:39 PM

***** Official KU vs Davidson NCAA Tourney Game Thread .*****

Sunday, 4:05 PM @ Detroit .

KU enters the Elite Eight vs Davidson, this years version of Cinderella. Davidson has played a tough non confrence schedule to be prepared for the tourney. On line is a trip to the Final Four for the winner. Davidson currently hold the nations longest winning streak in the NCAA and has one of the sharpest shooters in Stephen Curry. Here's to stopping Davidson's streak and KU moving on to the next round.

Again, It's time for:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU :KU:

chiefbowe82 03-28-2008 11:43 PM

rush vs curry matcup

teedubya 03-29-2008 12:32 AM

:KU:

Mr. Kotter 03-29-2008 12:51 AM

Rrrrooooccckkkkk Ccccchhhhaallllllllkkkkkk, Jjjjjjjaaaayyyyyhhhhhawwwwkkkk....
KKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu

RRrooocckk Ccchhaalllllkkk, Jjjaayhhhawkkk....
KKKKKkkkkkkkUUUUuuuuuuuuu.....

RRrockk Ccchhlllkkk, Jjayhawkk....
KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

ROCKCHALK JAYHAWK, KKK-UUUU!!!

Go Jayhawks!

KCChiefsMan 03-29-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_CHIEFS_06 (Post 4655295)
rush vs curry matcup

nah, Chalmers or Robinson should be able to contain him.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-29-2008 01:12 AM

I think this is going to be a very good game.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2008 01:40 AM

Where the hell is Davidson??

Mr. Flopnuts 03-29-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4655347)
Where the hell is Davidson??

5 miles from where I lived in NC. They're in Davidson NC, about 20 miles north of Charlotte.

Boon 03-29-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4655330)

KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

Go Jayhawks!

What he said.

DJay23 03-29-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 4655340)
I think this is going to be a very good game.

For my heart's sake, I hope you're wrong.

For the team's sake, I hope you're right (assuming we win). We need a grind it out close win to keep it fresh in our minds if we want to do anything beyond this weekend.

I really don't want to lose, not only because I expect nothing short of a National Title from this team and partly because I don't want to lose this team.

CoMoChief 03-29-2008 08:16 AM

In all honesty I think the clock struck 12 midnight for this DAV team. I don't think Curry will do too well against this KU defense. The stars are aligning for KU to make the final four. I almost see KU just taking care of business just to get it over with.

This game will be a blowout, the score won't really indicate it, but I see KU taking control right from the opening tip. KU 82 DAV 66

Sure-Oz 03-29-2008 08:22 AM

Im pretty excited to see this matchup...hopefully davidson can keep their streak alive but they haven't faced a team as balanced as KU

CoMoChief 03-29-2008 08:48 AM

If Kansas wins, I can't really remember an easier road to the final four for a team in quite some time. Not really trying to take anyway from KU, but I don't think I'm the only one here who thinks that Portland St, UNLV, Nova, and Davidson are anywhere near the level of that of UNC. If they win and UNC wins I just hope to god KU plays their A game against the Tar Heels. I mean this road easily could have been against teams like GTown, Vandy, Clemson, and Wisc.

When the brackets came out I thought KU had the easiest road to the Final 4, but I don't think anyone could have predicted the upsets that have occurred. There are many many times in the dance where the best teams don't win. That's what makes this event every year to be the biggest gambling and sports betting event, that's what makes this fun, people like to root for the underdog.

I just hope KU is ready to play. This is the last shot for them for a while I think. I know they need to first worry about DAV, but I will say this about Self if they advance. He has this and one and only chance to break away out from Roy Williams shadow at Kansas (if UNC makes it to the Final4). If he loses to Roy, I don't think he will ever break out of that shadow unless he wins a national title. I honestly think Self will have elephant tons of pressure on him to the point I bet he doesn't sleep at all this next week if it all plays out like I think it should. Roy has everything to gain and Self has everything to lose.

Sure-Oz 03-29-2008 09:06 AM

I agree its been an easier road but they still have to win games, they have been beaten by weaker competition before.

Mr. Laz 03-29-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4655330)

KKKkkk-UUuuuuuuu.....

RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!
RockChalk Jayhawk, KU!

Go Jayhawks!

yep