ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Whenever another player is released...Erasmus James (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185098)

SBK 05-23-2008 05:19 PM

Whenever another player is released...Erasmus James

Former first round DE released by the Vikings. Do we pick him up? LMAO

Adept Havelock 05-23-2008 05:24 PM

Nah. He lost his burst after he wrote The Praise of Folly.

Phobia 05-23-2008 05:44 PM

Pick him up? Are you kidding? We should have drafted him in the first.

Micjones 05-23-2008 05:45 PM

He has what... 5 career sacks?
A former First Rounder?

He's been a monumental failure in the NFL, but he's still probably better than every other DE here not named Hali.

I'll pass though...

CoMoChief 05-23-2008 05:47 PM

He's better than what Boone would EVER do at DE. I'd say pick him up.

We are thin at DE anyways.

kcchiefsus 05-23-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4765107)
He has what... 5 career sacks?
A former First Rounder?

He's been a monumental failure in the NFL, but he's still probably better than every other DE here not named Hali.

I'll pass though...

Being injured would contribute to that. It's hard to blame a guy for not getting sacks when he isn't even on the field.

The Franchise 05-23-2008 05:55 PM

I would take a look at him.....we could use some more depth behind Hali, Johnston and Dingle.

Thig Lyfe 05-23-2008 05:55 PM

SIGN EM CARL

kcchiefsus 05-23-2008 05:58 PM

He's at least worth a look, couldn't hurt. I would take a look at him now and if we aren't happy with our ends come training camp and he is still on the market then by all means we should pick him up.

chiefs1111 05-23-2008 06:05 PM

Wow I totally forgot about this guy. I say bring him in for try out and see how it goes,if anything he'd add some depth and he would be cheap

Mr. Flopnuts 05-23-2008 06:08 PM

They probably offered him in the JA trade and we said no thanks. Whether they'd take him for free? Who knows?

blueballs 05-23-2008 06:31 PM

can we add cancers wanting out

Flowery Branch — Disgruntled Falcons wide receiver Joe Horn has not attended the team's three voluntary workouts this week and does not plan to attend any team functions unless they are mandatory, according to his agent.

"These are optional workouts right now and Joe's option is he chose not to be here," Falcons coach Mike Smith said Thursday after a non-contact workout (OTA). "There's not really anything we can do about that. You'd like to have all your guys here but the [collective bargaining agreement] is pretty concrete in what we can do and can't do.

"We've had our mandatory workouts. When we open up [training] camp we anticipate Joe will be here."

On the final day of minicamp earlier this month, Horn, 36, expressed a desire to be traded because he said he felt the team planned on using younger players at wide receiver. Horn, who started most of last season after signing a four-year, free-agent contract worth up to $19 million, said he didn't want to be a "just-in-case guy."

Falcons' general manager Thomas Dimitroff has said he expects Horn to be a part of the team. Ralph Vitolo, Horn's agent, said he has not been granted permission by the Falcons to seek a trade.

One potential hang up is Horn's $2.5 million salary in 2008 is guaranteed. That could be too hefty a price for a team to make a trade. For the Falcons, it could be a hefty price for a wide receiver who might not be in the top-three rotation.

Roddy White and Laurent Robinson have worked as the starting wideouts. Michael Jenkins, Horn and rookie Harry Douglas have worked in a variety of roles in different packages as the second- or third-team receivers

UteChief 05-23-2008 07:44 PM

Let's not get in a bidding war with the Broncos, who I give a few days to sign him.

the Talking Can 05-23-2008 07:49 PM

his name is Erasmus Jones

duh...Nick Athan

philfree 05-23-2008 08:50 PM

He's young enough and he should come cheap enough that signing him wouldn't be a bad thing at all. Even if his knee isn't 100% we could always PUP him to give him time and if he's not ready IR him and give him a full chance to make the team next year.

PhilFree:arrow: