ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185938)

cdcox 06-14-2008 07:19 PM

Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce

This stuff is amazing. All my life I've just used Tobasco out of habit. But Frank's has a much more flavor. I can't get enough of it.

Are there any other hot sauces that people recommend? RJ?

kcfan82 06-14-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 4794211)
This stuff is amazing. All my life I've just used Tobasco out of habit. But Frank's has a much more flavor. I can't get enough of it.

Are there any other hot sauces that people recommend? RJ?

Yeah, go to BW3 and eat 15 Blazin wings.

noa 06-14-2008 07:21 PM

I love Franks. I put it on almost anything. Makes for good wings, too.

Another favorite is Sriracha chili sauce. Goes well particularly in broths if you want a hot soup.

KcMizzou 06-14-2008 07:21 PM

I love that stuff. Goes great on chicken, pizza, you name it.

cdcox 06-14-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan82 (Post 4794215)
Yeah, go to BW3 and eat 15 Blazin wings.

I usually get the mango habanaro. Never tried the Blazin.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2008 07:29 PM

Popcorn.

bkkcoh 06-14-2008 07:30 PM

Chipotle Tobasco, great flavor and good heat.

RJ 06-14-2008 07:52 PM

Frank's is my favorite for wings by far. El Yucateco makes a great habanero sauce among other things if you want to really fire something up, a little goes a long way. There's a brand called Uncle Dougie's that I like real well, their mustard habanero kicks ass.

For my tastes, Tabasco is the best for Bloody Mary's. I also like their chipotle tabasco and garlic tabasco....the garlic is excellent as a marinade for grilled chicken. I like Frank's and Red Devil for wings. My experience is that the sauces that make claims to be super hot are just that - hot but not flavorful. I opened a new bottle tonight called Iguana. It's a habanero sauce but the heat is tolerable, I liked it added to some barbecue sauce.

So many hot sauces, so little time.

RJ 06-14-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 4794217)
I love Franks. I put it on almost anything. Makes for good wings, too.

Another favorite is Sriracha chili sauce. Goes well particularly in broths if you want a hot soup.

I like the sriracha with grilled fish and Asian foods. Too hot for my wife and daughter so I add it after cooking.

Phobia 06-14-2008 07:55 PM

The mainstream hot sauce I always reach for is Chalula. But Franks is a very good product for something so readily available.

I also have some stuff called "Rectum Fire" that actually has some flavor.

Skip Towne 06-14-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4794255)
The mainstream hot sauce I always reach for is Chalula. But Franks is a very good product for something so readily available.

I also have some stuff called "Rectum Fire" that actually has some flavor.

That's an appetizing name.

stlchiefs 06-14-2008 08:10 PM

Sriracha is awesome stuff. I eat it on or dip everything in it: pizza, turkey sandwiches, chicken, etc.

patteeu 06-14-2008 08:14 PM

I can't say that I've tried a lot of different hot sauces, but of the handful of brands that I've tried, Frank's is my favorite. I use it on a lot of things. I like to microwave a little cheddar cheese on a trisket and top it with Frank's for snack.

ChiefsFan4Life 06-14-2008 08:15 PM

This is BY FAR the best hot sauce I've ever had and I am very picky about my hot sauce. If you've never had it, you absolutely HAVE to try it, you will not be disappointed, I promise:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hili_sauce.jpg

Phobia 06-14-2008 08:18 PM

I call that "Rooster" sauce. I have no idea why it's called that.