ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Samsung Instinct (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186138)

kcmecker 06-19-2008 08:10 PM

Samsung Instinct

Anyone looking to get this phone from Sprint? I picked mine up this evening and am impressed so far. :thumb:

irishjayhawk 06-19-2008 08:35 PM

Samsung finally made a good phone?

My cons:
- Sprint

It trumps all pros.

The Bad Guy 06-20-2008 05:11 PM

I want the phone, however, I have such an incredible rate plan that has been grandfathered, I'm not switching it to get this phone.

SLAG 06-20-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 4803550)
I want the phone, however, I have such an incredible rate plan that has been grandfathered, I'm not switching it to get this phone.

Yep
Me too
I wanted to get it but they said I had to switch rate plans

I said No

Braincase 06-20-2008 09:07 PM

Wife and mine's plan with Sprint expires this month. We're taking a long hard look at the Instinct. I try to keep my stuff local, and I guess I must be in the minority, but I've never had any problems with Sprint.

irishjayhawk 06-20-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4803774)
Wife and mine's plan with Sprint expires this month. We're taking a long hard look at the Instinct. I try to keep my stuff local, and I guess I must be in the minority, but I've never had any problems with Sprint.

Well, you're extremely lucky then. Or you don't use it much.

In any case, I won't be surprised if they are extinct in 2 years.

Silock 06-20-2008 10:55 PM

Sprint? Not likely. Not with the new deals they have with Google and Microsoft.

The Instinct looks neat, but I think I'd rather have an iPhone. Sucks, because I have a kickass plan with Sprint and the AT&T plans blow donkey nuts. Not sure what I'm going to do. I'll probably end up with an Instinct in December.

TRR 06-20-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4803795)
Well, you're extremely lucky then. Or you don't use it much.

In any case, I won't be surprised if they are extinct in 2 years.

You are absolutely clueless if you think that. They have more deals in the works than any other cell provider out there.

irishjayhawk 06-21-2008 01:29 AM

I view the deals and the Simply Everything plan as a last ditch, too little too late ploy. But that's just me.

irishjayhawk 06-21-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4803948)
Sprint? Not likely. Not with the new deals they have with Google and Microsoft.

The Instinct looks neat, but I think I'd rather have an iPhone. Sucks, because I have a kickass plan with Sprint and the AT&T plans blow donkey nuts. Not sure what I'm going to do. I'll probably end up with an Instinct in December.

Yep.

But in fairness:

Their data plans are in line with every other company. It's just gouging the consumer. :shake:

And ATT Service trumps Sprint any day of the week, so that should also make up for the price.