ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Affliction MMA Fight Card / WOW (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186980)

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2008 02:45 PM

Affliction MMA Fight Card / WOW

Featuring Fedor Emelianenko -vs- Tim Sylvia. This whole card is loaded.

http://www.afflictionclothing.com/ba...fight_card.php

El Jefe 07-08-2008 02:56 PM

I have been waiting for this card for a while. Fedor is hands down the best fighter in the world. Aleksander Emelianenko is quite good too, he is bigger and younger than Fedor, but he looks exactly like him. I think Minotauro is on this card also.

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ (Post 4835229)
I have been waiting for this card for a while. Fedor is hands down the best fighter in the world. Aleksander Emelianenko is quite good too, he is bigger and younger than Fedor, but he looks exactly like him. I think Minotauro is on this card also.

Fedor could be quite rusty. Unfortunately I think Randy is going to be too old to fight him by the time he can. UFC is giving free fight night at the same time this PPV is on featuring

Anderson Silva Vs. James Irvin
Name: Anderson Silva
Height: 6' 2" (188 cm)
Weight: 205 (93 kg)
Record: 22-4-0

"The Spider"

Name: James Irvin
Record: 14-4-1

"The Sandman"

Brandon Vera Vs. Reese Andy
Name: Brandon Vera
Weight: 223 (101 kg)
Record: 8-2-0

"The Truth"

Name: Reese Andy
Height: 5' 10" (178 cm)
Record: 7-1-0

"Riptide"

Hermes Franca Vs. Frank Edgar
Name: Hermes Franca
Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)
Weight: 155 (70 kg)
Record: 19-5-0

Name: Frank Edgar
Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)
Weight: 155 (70 kg)
Record: 8-1-0

"The Answer"

Chiefnj2 07-08-2008 03:25 PM

Aleksander looks out of shape a lot. I don't think he looks much like his big brother.

BigVE 07-08-2008 03:27 PM

Fedor should win easily but the KO factor is always there. I will probably just watch the freebie fights.

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 4835324)
Fedor should win easily but the KO factor is always there. I will probably just watch the freebie fights.

That's what Dana is counting on. He hates them Russians. Arlovsky is fighting too.

I really like Babalu. Interesting to see Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira over here too.

BigVE 07-08-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 4835343)
That's what Dana is counting on. He hates them Russians. Arlovsky is fighting too.

I really like Babalu. Interesting to see Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira over here too.

Arlovsky was the poster boy for UFC for a while...he was one of the first guys that peaked my interest in MMA and UFC. I was a casual fan but never really followed it until Arlovsky was featured in Muscle and Fitness mag. (i think) and I started to follow him. He did OK for a while but got whooped a time or two but seems to be back on track recently. Is he OUT of the UFC then?

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 4835391)
Arlovsky was the poster boy for UFC for a while...he was one of the first guys that peaked my interest in MMA and UFC. I was a casual fan but never really followed it until Arlovsky was featured in Muscle and Fitness mag. (i think) and I started to follow him. He did OK for a while but got whooped a time or two but seems to be back on track recently. Is he OUT of the UFC then?

Dana had a big contract on him but wouldn't let him fight. He is out of the UFC.

BigVE 07-08-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 4835404)
Dana had a big contract on him but wouldn't let him fight. He is out of the UFC.

D. White will be the DOWNFALL of the UFC. I would like to see a unifed "league" or whatever where all the guys from all MMA affiliates would fight each other. Can't we all just beat each other up freely? :)

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 4835414)
D. White will be the DOWNFALL of the UFC. I would like to see a unifed "league" or whatever where all the guys from all MMA affiliates would fight each other. Can't we all just beat each other up freely? :)

Dana's ego is huge. He figures his organization has the deepest pockets and are the best promoters and there is plenty of fighters out there so he going to do whatever he wants. Problem is the fighters know he doesn't give a shit about them. That's making a lot of talent look elsewhere when considering their career.

ChiefsFanatic 07-08-2008 05:22 PM

I have only seen Fedor fight on youtube, but I am so sick of nuthuggers talking about how he would kill anyone in the UFC. I am not a UFC guy, but, especially on sherdog, everyone acts like he is a God.

They said the same about CroCop, they said the same thing about Wanderlai, they said the same thing about Shogun, but they all lost to UFC guys.

However, with Tim's ability to get subbed, even when winning, and Fedor's ability to sub people, I doubt Tim has a chance.

TrickyNicky 07-08-2008 05:32 PM

Anyone know if this is going to be $45+?

Whats even better is two days later, Dream 5 on HDNet with Aoki vs Uno and Kawajiri vs Alvarez. I'm stoked.

ArrowheadHawk 07-08-2008 05:33 PM

Good thing for Tivo and mininova. That will be a nice weekend for an MMA fan. I have never seen Fedor fight so I am quite interested to see him fight Silvia and to find out what all the hype is about. I sure hope the announcers are better than the other promotions I have seen. EliteXC isn't bad but it aint good. I just recently watched Strikeforce and I wanted to mute the commentary. Affliction should be good though with Big John and Bas Ruton.

ArrowheadHawk 07-08-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 4835589)
Anyone know if this is going to be $45+?

Whats even better is two days later, Dream 5 on HDNet with Aoki vs Uno and Kawajiri vs Alvarez. I'm stoked.

I tried to download the last Dream from torrent sights and it just wasn't popular enough. Is the quality of those fights any good?

KcMizzou 07-08-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 4835594)
I tried to download the last Dream from torrent sights and it just wasn't popular enough. Is the quality of those fights any good?

DREAM has been improving with each show. It started slow, but has become very good.

The Eddie Alverez / Joachim Hansen fight was a classic.