ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Wheel Stuck On Car!!! WTH?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187196)

petegz28 07-13-2008 08:05 AM

Wheel Stuck On Car!!! WTH??

Ok so my wife ran over a screw the other day. Car has been sitting in the driveway with a flat. I get out there the other day to take the lugs off and man was that an exercise. Can we say over-torqued? So anyway I finally get them loose. Go out this morning, jack the car up, take the lugs off....wheel won't come off!!!

I am on a slight incline so yanking super hard is not an option but none the less the flipping wheel is stuck on the car. Not coming off.

Any ideas?

My only thought is to plug it myself since I can see where the screw is, fill up the tire and drive to the tires plus that last touched the damn thing.

Phobia 07-13-2008 08:07 AM

Can you see where the screw is? You might be able to plug it yourself and then fill up the tire.

KCUnited 07-13-2008 08:08 AM

Grab a rubber mallet, that wheel will come off.

farmerchief 07-13-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4844279)
Ok so my wife ran over a screw the other day. Car has been sitting in the driveway with a flat. I get out there the other day to take the lugs off and man was that an exercise. Can we say over-torqued? So anyway I finally get them loose. Go out this morning, jack the car up, take the lugs off....wheel won't come off!!!

I am on a slight incline so yanking super hard is not an option but none the less the flipping wheel is stuck on the car. Not coming off.

Any ideas?

My only thought is to plug it myself since I can see where the screw is, fill up the tire and drive to the tires plus that last touched the damn thing.

This happens periodically on us to the vehicles we drive on the farm, up and down dusty roads, etc. Usually just take a sledge hammer and give it a good rap, and it will break it loose, and should come off easily.

Skip Towne 07-13-2008 08:09 AM

I've had that happen. It's rusted on there. Get some penetrating oil and douse it down. Wait a couple of hours and hit it with a big hammer.

petegz28 07-13-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4844282)
Can you see where the screw is? You might be able to plug it yourself and then fill up the tire.

Yes. Fortunately I can and it is an easy to get too spot. I have never plugged a tire before but I can't see it being rocket science. My bigger concern is the wheel. Once I get it on level ground I will try to hammer it off I guess.

petegz28 07-13-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4844286)
I've had that happen. It's rusted on there. Get some penetrating oil and douse it down. Wait a couple of hours and hit it with a big hammer.

Ok, yea I sprayed some WD-40 on it. That fixes everything right??? I was thinking that as I saw all the rust on the rotor.

Baby Lee 07-13-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 4844287)
Yes. Fortunately I can and it is an easy to get too spot. I have never plugged a tire before but I can't see it being rocket science. My bigger concern is the wheel. Once I get it on level ground I will try to hammer it off I guess.

You don't have to wail on it, a series of quick, sharp raps on the outer edge of the rim should do it.
Use a rubber mallet, or a wood block buffer, especially if you have alloys.

Buehler445 07-13-2008 08:55 AM

Yeah, it happens if you don't take your tires off fairly often. Especially if it wasn't perfectly sqare when they put it on. No biggie. I just usually sit on my ass and give it a good kick.

Time's Yours 07-13-2008 08:57 AM

Sit down on your butt with your legs toward the wheels. Give it few good kicks with your heel (wearing rubber sole shoes) along the edge of the wheel. It will pop loose.

blueballs 07-13-2008 08:58 AM

use a vapor barrier when you put the wheel back on

milkman 07-13-2008 09:00 AM

I think you should rock it back and forth.

:evil:

jab0450 07-13-2008 09:18 AM

Sit down like phillip said. And Go ape shit on it and bicycle kick the hell out of it. Trust me it works.

Simply Red 07-13-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4844327)
I think you should rock it back and forth.

:evil:

I'm certain he's tried that by now. :cuss:

Bwana 07-13-2008 11:19 AM

LMAO

I have run into this 100's of times over the years. Once you buzz off the nuts, make sure the car is stable (jack stands) and give the top of the tire a good front kick............problem solved.