ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Way to take the high road, k"u" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187278)

Mizzou_8541 07-14-2008 08:28 PM

Way to take the high road, k"u"

Sorry if repost, but...

Damn! k"u" does have the classiest fans!

as per the KC Star-

"Henn said KU doesn’t want to be embarrassed by making fun of opponents, diseases like anorexia or a Joe-College shirt that made fun of slavery.

Hold it … KU is playing the race card?

The shirt in question pokes fun at MU having to pick cotton in the lowly Cotton Bowl while KU got to play in the more prestigious Orange Bowl. The front of the shirt reads “Hawk Football.” The back reads, “Missouri, it’s your turn to pick cotton (Nice bowl game).”

In a perfect world, future KU T-shirts should adhere to higher standards, Henn argued, “that we don’t bash our rivals, that we don’t use profanity, that we don’t make fun of diseases.”

Asked afterward if KU wanted to stifle free speech, Marchiony responded, “Well, we believe in free speech — unless it crosses the line.”

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...ry/701653.html

ChiefsFire 07-14-2008 08:32 PM

Er uh?

Spott 07-14-2008 08:43 PM

This board really sucks ass sometimes with all of the MU/KU bullshit. It's too bad the Chiefs sucks so bad that we don't have much else to talk about on here.

Mizzou_8541 07-14-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4847287)
This board really sucks ass sometimes with all of the MU/KU bullshit. It's too bad the Chiefs sucks so bad that we don't have much else to talk about on here.

Just thought it was funny!

doomy3 07-14-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4847291)
Just thought it was funny!

You were wrong. This is stupid.

Frazod 07-14-2008 08:51 PM

One MU/KU smackfest a week is enough during the off season, and we just had one last night.

Fish 07-14-2008 08:54 PM

Umm..... KU is taking legal action to prevent shirts like this from being produced and associated with KU.

Shirts that say:
Quote:

Muck Fizzou
Quote:

The front of the shirt reads “Hawk Football.” The back reads, “Missouri, it’s your turn to pick cotton (Nice bowl game).”
So technically, KU is taking the high road.....

Braincase 07-14-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 4847313)
Umm..... KU is taking legal action to prevent shirts like this from being produced and associated with KU.

Shirts that say:
So technically, KU is taking the high road.....

Joe College has gone to extremes to inform their clientele that they have no relationship with the university and that their shirts are meant as parody.

Meanwhile, those late to the game try to find the hook. Might want to check your lip, Mizzou 8451...

Mizzou_8541 07-14-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4847326)
Joe College has gone to extremes to inform their clientele that they have no relationship with the university and that their shirts are meant as parody.

Meanwhile, those late to the game try to find the hook. Might want to check your lip, Mizzou 8451...

check my lip?

come on bro...relax. Mu and KU have both made stupid shirts. Whether the university makes them or not or wants to be associated with it, the person buying the shirt is automatically representing the university.

My thread was good natured fun...nothing more.

KcMizzou 07-14-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4847335)
check my lip?

come on bro...relax. Mu and KU have both made stupid shirts. Whether the university makes them or not or wants to be associated with it, the person buying the shirt is automatically representing the university.

Eh, you haven't been around long. I'm sure the beakers are just not sure if you're having a little innocent fun, or legitimately trolling.

It gets a little tense around here. Funny thing is, from my experience at the game last season, fans on both sides were much more laid back.

I enjoy the back and forth ribbing... the hateful nasty bullshit... not so much.

Mizzou_8541 07-14-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4847338)
Eh, you haven't been around long. I'm sure the beakers are just not sure if you're having a little innocent fun, or legitimately trolling.

It gets a little tense around here. Funny thing is, from my experience at the game last season, fans on both sides were much more laid back.

I enjoy the back and forth ribbing... the hateful nasty bullshit... not so much.

I agree. The fans from both teams are part of what made that game so great. I was trying to just have some innocent fun, especially since I don't even know what trolling is.

Braincase 07-14-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4847335)
check my lip?

It's all good. Hell, I try to keep it mostly light, even frazod and I will rib each other over a beer.

Mizzou_8541 07-14-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4847347)
It's all good. Hell, I try to keep it mostly light, even frazod and I will rib each other over a beer.

I'm the junior guy in a company full of KU grads/fans so I am usually on the defensive. No harm done.

Frazod 07-14-2008 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I see a piece of the high road in Reesing's facemask....

(sorry I had to do one :evil: )

Bugeater 07-14-2008 09:19 PM

I miss the good old days when both of these teams were irrelevant.