ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Anyone tried anything from Hardees/Red Burrito? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188903)

ChiefsFan4Life 08-11-2008 09:56 AM

Anyone tried anything from Hardees/Red Burrito?

I've had Hardees stuff before but never the Red Burrito stuff

I am contemplating getting a Taco Salad from there today for lunch

Anyone have anything to say about them?

Rausch 08-11-2008 09:59 AM

Had it a few years back. Wish ours here was a red burrito.

I'd consider it a grade B Jack In The Box.

The mexican isn't great, but good. Better than I figured anyway.

blueballs 08-11-2008 10:00 AM

you can't sling a dead cat
without hitting a closed Hardees around here

vailpass 08-11-2008 10:06 AM

Out here the Hardees is called Carl's Junior. Same star, same ass-fire after you eat it, different name.

Demonpenz 08-11-2008 10:18 AM

CHEEEKEN AT A FEESH PLACE?

beavis 08-11-2008 10:37 AM

I think Hardee's is for people who have given up in life.

Seriously, who would purposefully put that crap into their body?

gblowfish 08-11-2008 10:46 AM

I hate that commercial where the chick pigs out on a taco salad at a truck stop.
First of all, I'm sure a fashion model type chick is gonna be driving an 18-wheeler.
Second, she eats like a pig, atrocious table manners.
She need a spankin. And she needs a napkin.
Hardee's is a grease pit. Agree with Beavis. Eating there is like putting a gun to your head and releasing a really really slow bullet.

Baby Lee 08-11-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 4907365)
I hate that commercial where the chick pigs out on a taco salad at a truck stop.
First of all, I'm sure a fashion model type chick is gonna be driving an 18-wheeler.
Hardee's is a grease pit. Agree with Beavis. Eating there is like putting a gun to your head and releasing a really really slow bullet.

All their commercials feature how sloppy it is to eat. I have no idea that they think their angle is, but it's all 'beautiful people' eating their shit and ending up with ketchup on their elbows or mayo on their knees.

Baby Lee 08-11-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis (Post 4907341)

It's been a long time, but I was very reassured by observing behind the scenes at the Hardees where I worked.
Produce came in whole [heads of lettuce, whole tomatoes and onions, etc], not processed, grill and fryer cleaning was religious. Food was kept fresh.
You DO get a lot better quality from a corporate store than a franchise, but that's a industry-wide trend.

IMO, when it comes to franchises [ie, locally owned stores], DQ is the WORST.

Bowser 08-11-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 4907365)

They need to at least show the chick finishing the meal with an all out purge. We all know it's coming.

And not to hijack, but has anyone tried the Taco Bueno? Those things popped up everywhere like zits on a fifteen year old.

JuicesFlowing 08-11-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis (Post 4907341)

I would agree, but I'd also have to say that Mc Donald's is even worse.

The Franchise 08-11-2008 01:23 PM

Out here it's a Carl's Jr./Green Burrito.

Bowser 08-11-2008 01:25 PM

Anybody read The Omnivore's Delima?

Fairplay 08-11-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4907656)
All their commercials feature how sloppy it is to eat. I have no idea that they think their angle is, but it's all 'beautiful people' eating their shit and ending up with ketchup on their elbows or mayo on their knees.

No doubt. Horrendous commercials. Whoever runs their ad campaigns needs to be fired. As well as the person in charge of their menu. Awful food.

Frazod 08-11-2008 02:16 PM

Hardees mushroom and swiss burger is my favorite fast food sandwich ever. There isn't a Hardees that I know of within 200 miles of Chicago (probably a good thing), so I only eat them when I'm in Missouri.

I like the fact that Hardees basically gave the finger to all the healthnazis; McDonald's and Wendy's quake with fear, change the oil, take away biggie sizes, etc. Hardees seems to correctly surmise that the whiny little dickbags who bitch about unhealthy fast food WOULDN'T EAT AT HARDEES IN THE FIRST PLACE. Duh.

New at Hardees - the Five Pound Deep Fried Giant Ultra Grease Burger With Extra Cheese and BBQ Sauce. If you eat three of them, they will make your heart explode, so you probably should stop at two. But if you insist on three, try to time your death fall so that you take a jogger out with you. :thumb: