ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather Any surfers (wave not web) on the planet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189232)

Mojo Rising 08-16-2008 10:53 PM

Any surfers (wave not web) on the planet?

I was in Maui and took surf lessons in February and was able to stand on day 1. I then hired the guide for private lessons the nest 2 days. I was a rockstar.

I bought a board in April and stored in So Cal at my Dads. I have been 7 days since and have not done near as well.

The waves in So Cal have been much larger and faster, plus my board is not the cayak that I had in Maui.

Next week I will be on my board for at least 6 days. San O!!!!

Anyone else surf waves on this board? I can snowboard down just about anything.

QuikSsurfer 08-16-2008 11:02 PM

I flew down and stayed with my dad in Tampa, FL back in 04. We drove down to Cocoa beach and I signed up for 2 day lessons. I didn't have much trouble popping up and canceled the day 2.
Riding my first wave all the way to the shore was one of the greatest feelings I've ever had.
We then drove further down to Sebastian Inlet where the waves were PERFECT -- consistent 5+ ft face waves.
I've been two other times since then and am planning for another trip next summer.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs 08-16-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 4921082)
I was in Maui and took surf lessons in February and was able to stand on day 1. I then hired the guide for private lessons the nest 2 days. I was a rockstar.

I bought a board in April and stored in So Cal at my Dads. I have been 7 days since and have not done near as well.

The waves in So Cal have been much larger and faster, plus my board is not the cayak that I had in Maui.

Next week I will be on my board for at least 6 days. San O!!!!

Anyone else surf waves on this board? I can snowboard down just about anything.

You're a ****ing poser. You ain't no bra. You're nothing but a kook.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-16-2008 11:08 PM

I AM AN EFF BEE EYE...AGENT!!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2749/point065zf.jpg

JuicesFlowing 08-16-2008 11:09 PM

One of the greatest movies ever.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs 08-16-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 4921144)

Point Break is great, but North Shore is better.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-16-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 4921144)

Utah....

Get me two!!

Mojo Rising 08-16-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards Fan 4 Chiefs (Post 4921138)
You're a ****ing poser. You ain't no bra. You're nothing but a kook.

BS

I paddled through the 4-6 swell that roared through So Cal in early August.

Didn't catch many but most who I spoke with (not much conversation on the line) were shocked that I was a beginner out at the swell.

When I learned to snowboard my theory was to go as steep as possible. I will ride down any slope on your next visit to Cal (I live in the No slopes, not South.)

Also, when I was a bra and lived in Hawaii from 88 - 91 I was not a kook.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs 08-16-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4921111)
I flew down and stayed with my dad in Tampa, FL back in 04. We drove down to Cocoa beach and I signed up for 2 day lessons. I didn't have much trouble popping up and canceled the day 2.
Riding my first wave all the way to the shore was one of the greatest feelings I've ever had.
We then drove further down to Sebastian Inlet where the waves were PERFECT -- consistent 5+ ft face waves.
I've been two other times since then and am planning for another trip next summer.

Florida has pussy waves. You ain't shit.

Surf Mavericks and come talk to me.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs 08-16-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 4921168)
BS

I paddled through the 4-6 swell that roared through So Cal in early August.

Didn't catch many but most who I spoke with (not much conversation on the line) were shocked that I was a beginner out at the swell.

When I learned to snowboard my theory was to go as steep as possible. I will ride down any slope on your next visit to Cal (I live in the No slopes, not South.)

Also, when I was a bra and lived in Hawaii from 88 - 91 I was not a kook.

You are bragging about paddling through a 4-6 swell? You are indeed a kook. "He's so howlie he know even know he's howlie"

Mojo Rising 08-16-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards Fan 4 Chiefs (Post 4921177)

Mavericks? Are you kidding me? Those are 25+.

I learned in Maui on 1-2 foot waves on a kayak (surf board with a sprayed on coating.) It was the coolest feeling to ride though.

I slalom waterski pretty well and snowboard down the the blackest of blacks.

The surf feeling is cooler than I have felt on the others (even at 1 -4 feet)

Mojo Rising 08-16-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards Fan 4 Chiefs (Post 4921183)
You are bragging about paddling through a 4-6 swell? You are indeed a kook. "He's so howlie he know even know he's howlie"

You dont even know how to spell hauoli.

FAX 08-16-2008 11:39 PM

I'm not a good surfer by any stretch, but a few friends and I used to spend a lot of time making the effort in Southern California back in the day. Having been raised in Kansas, I have always been enamored by the ocean. Had a Golden Lab named Barney who could surf, too. Good times. Very good times.

When I moved East, I stopped by my mom's place in Kansas and parked my surfboard by leaning it against the wall on her front porch. One of my mother's acquaintances (a local farmer and dairyman) dropped by her house one day and said, "What the heck is that thing out there by the door?" After I explained it to him, he just looked sort of sad and confused.

FAX

BWillie 08-16-2008 11:42 PM

Can anybody illustrate the difference in regular surfing and windsurfing? Windsurfing looks more my style and that you can 'stay up' longer. It's got to be a pain in the ass swimming all the way out there, getting a wave, and then falling off your board so quickly.

QuikSsurfer 08-16-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards Fan 4 Chiefs (Post 4921177)

Mavericks huh?

You're playing too much Kelly Slater on xbox.