ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***OFFICIAL*** High School Football Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023)

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 10:59 AM

***OFFICIAL*** High School Football Thread

I thought this would be a good idea, keep all the High school football talk in one place and make it easier to find. A place to discuss how your teams doing, your cousins, nephew etc team is doing. Bad idea? just let it drop.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 11:03 AM

My son will play for the Class 4A Mo. State champs Lees Summit West Titans this fall. My son's football class beat the Rockhurst sophmore’s at Rockhurst last year. LSW School is only 5 years old and has gone to the state playoffs every year. They are hoping the team is ready to move up and play the big boys because this year we were moved up to 5A.

Tough schedule this year. We have to open up on the road at Blue Springs tommorrow night and our final 3 district games are at Belton, Raymore Peculiar at home and then a road trip down to Springfield where we play Glendale.

He’s 6’2” 230 lbs as a 16 year old but he’s still on the small side of their line that averages 6”21/2” 250 lbs. He will start on the Junior Varsity. He will also dress and sub on the Varsity team on Friday evenings. It’s a huge line on both sides of the ball. They have guys with Notre Dame Scholarships already accepted, guys who can do 28 reps in the 225 lb bench press etc. Tough line up to crack

They are currently ranked #3 in the Metro Sports poll and # 19 in Rivals Top 20 teams in the heartland(Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa etc.)
]http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=460
#13 Rockhurst
#15 Blue Springs south
#19 Lee's Summit West<O:p</O:p

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 11:08 AM

Jesus. I am a big boy and I could only get 235 5 or 6 times in high school and my back was arched like a mug. That is some maulers

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4953129)
Jesus. I am a big boy and I could only get 235 5 or 6 times in high school and my back was arched like a mug. That is some maulers

They are the biggest and best O-Line I've ever seen at the high school level. The only senior is the Notre Dame scholorship player. One is a freshmen, One sophmore and two juniors.

Metro sports had a high school season opener show and it showed our starting DT lifting weights. He holds the Mo. State shot put record.

The starting middle linebacker has already committed to Mizzou over Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma etc.

ChiefsCountry 08-28-2008 11:14 AM

The Bears signed a DE who played for Lee's Summit West last year - Kelly I think is last name. He is suppose to be a beast.

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 11:14 AM

Insane how big and fast they have gotten in 10 years since I played. Ahh a back in the day story.....Back in the day 99' it seemed like you could run the sweep and it was open every time because no one was fast enough. Now you got backers that can fill and run from AAA and up. It does make the game easier to watch on TV atleast.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4953140)
The Bears signed a DE who played for Lee's Summit West last year - Kelly I think is last name. He is suppose to be a beast.

We had a DL stud from Marionville high school down your way move up here to play at LSW instead of his podock school so he can get a D1 free ride.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4953141)
Insane how big and fast they have gotten in 10 years since I played. Ahh a back in the day story.....Back in the day 99' it seemed like you could run the sweep and it was open every time because no one was fast enough. Now you got backers that can fill and run from AAA and up. It does make the game easier to watch on TV atleast.

Blue Springs South vs. Rockhurst on ESPN (the main channel) at 11:00 am Saturday. Thats pretty big time.

KCrockaholic 08-28-2008 11:20 AM

how bout Harrisonville?

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 11:27 AM

damn that is big time. For you MIAA fans from Gogriffons.com I guess all MIAA games can now be seen via webcast. That isn't espn. Football is king in america

chief52 08-28-2008 11:27 AM

You guys are talking some big time football. I do love high school football. I am headed out tomorrow for a 5 hour drive to film for my old high school team...Ferndale High. We won the North Coast Section Class A ( Ca. ) last season. I travel to film the next week's opponent as often as I can. If it helps the team, I can make the time. My cousin is the head coach.

It truly is a great thing to participate in. We live in a small town ( 1300 ) with a small enrollment ( about 175 ). When the Wildcats play, the entire town is there dressed in Red and White. There is an amazing tradition. 4 generations of my family have now played football there.

ChiefsCountry 08-28-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953143)
We had a DL stud from Marionville high school down your way move up here to play at LSW instead of his podock school so he can get a D1 free ride.

Thats intresting because Marionville has been the top Class 1 program in the state.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4953202)
Thats intresting because Marionville has been the top Class 1 program in the state.

If you have dreams of the NFL and Div 1 football would you want to play Class 1 or Class 5 High School football?

chief52 08-28-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953125)
[COLOR=#333333]
They are currently ranked #3 in the Metro Sports poll and # 19 in Rivals Top 20 teams in the heartland(Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa etc.)
]http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=460
#13 Rockhurst
#15 Blue Springs south
#19 Lee's Summit West<O:p</O:p

fyi

Maxpreps' list of the nation's top teams lists

Rockhurst #10...Lee's Summit West #40...Blue Springs South #148

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/foo...urpath=%2clist

ChiefsCountry 08-28-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953213)
If you have dreams of the NFL and Div 1 football would you want to play Class 1 or Class 5 High School football?

True. But just to play devil's advocate - Mizzou started 4 offensive lineman from Class 1 schools last year. But yeah a big school would be alot better shot for sure. How did all that talent get into Lee's Summit? North and Lee's Summit never were powerhouses at all.