ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I feel sorry for TG (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191579)

harpes 09-14-2008 02:42 PM

I feel sorry for TG

My heart goes out to TG. For his sake I wish we could send him to a team that had a chance of winning a game or two. He has earned the chance to be a champion.

L.A. Chieffan 09-14-2008 02:42 PM

Rebuilding. Get over it.

evolve27 09-14-2008 02:43 PM

The Pussification of the fanbase continues.

kcxiv 09-14-2008 02:43 PM

I wish they would have traded him. stupid of him to resign. I said that though before he recently reupped.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-14-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5017753)
Rebuilding. Get over it.

This is not how you rebuild! The wrong guys are in charge.

Mecca 09-14-2008 02:46 PM

I don't feel sorry for him, he elected to stay here not that long ago when he was fully aware of what this team was....

He stayed here,the Chiefs played him more money than another team would have, I'm fine with that if he wanted the biggest jack over being on a championship team, more power to him but I won't feel bad for him.

JuicesFlowing 09-14-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5017765)
I wish they would have traded him. stupid of him to resign. I said that though before he recently reupped.

Stupid? No, Tony isn't stupid. He has class. He's not a pussy who goes to the next flavor-of-the-month. Maybe he won't win a playoff game, but he has what most players don't have these days. If you damn him for that, then that's your problem.

memyselfI 09-14-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpes (Post 5017748)
My heart goes out to TG. For his sake I wish we could send him to a team that had a chance of winning a game or two. He has earned the chance to be a champion.

I don't. He chose comfort and continuity over taking a chance and just like George Brett he must live with the consequences. The difference being George Brett was able to win one championship while TG likely wil never do so.

Both of them could have been HUGE stars elsewhere but decided they liked it here and gave up the potential elsewhere for the pitfalls here. They made those choices of their own free will.

FringeNC 09-14-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5017795)
I don't feel sorry for him, he elected to stay here not that long ago when he was fully aware of what this team was....

He stayed here,the Chiefs played him more money than another team would have, I'm fine with that if he wanted the biggest jack over being on a championship team, more power to him but I won't feel bad for him.

Exactly. He chose dollars. Nothing wrong with that, but he made his choice.

kcvet 09-14-2008 02:54 PM

this is it to TG. next years he's gone.

dirk digler 09-14-2008 02:58 PM

I feel sorry for Tony as well. He is a great player with uncommon loyalty for a NFL player yet he is stuck with a shitty ass team and the worst HC in the NFL.

I think the Chiefs should try everything they can to trade him in the off-season to a playoff calibar team

kcxiv 09-14-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5017807)
Stupid? No, Tony isn't stupid. He has class. He's not a pussy who goes to the next flavor-of-the-month. Maybe he won't win a playoff game, but he has what most players don't have these days. If you damn him for that, then that's your problem.

He's to loyal. He should have left to at least try to a ring. Its not going to happen wherehe is. The greatest tight end to ever play in the NFL and has never won a play off game.

el borracho 09-14-2008 03:19 PM

Tony is a great guy and an incredible football player and I wish he could have experienced some postseason success but I don't feel sorry for him and I wouldn't let him go, either. If you somehow tricked a supermodel into marrying you would you start to feel sorry for her and offer her a divorce or would you hang onto her like an oxygen mask in outer space?

OnTheWarpath15 09-14-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5017795)

Can't disagree with that.

keg in kc 09-14-2008 03:22 PM

Me too. Hot wife, tons of money.

Man, it must be awful.