ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What if: Bulger is unhappy in St. Louis....hmmm. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192651)

BigVE 09-26-2008 09:42 PM

What if: Bulger is unhappy in St. Louis....hmmm.

He would be a major upgrade, he's not that old and he has said that he absolutely does NOT want to play for Linehan anymore. IF a trade were possible (maybe no more than a 3rd rounder) I would be for it. Even though we USED to be Ram's West with Vermeil I think that it could happen. (I'm a bit tipsy and delusional but it sounds feasable.)

Marc Bulger: Not Happy With Linehan

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Update: Bulger reportedly does not want to play for head coach Scott Linehan any longer, the Post-Dispatch reports.
Recommendation: Unidentified team sources gave P-D that information but it could be the water boy for all we know. Clearly the relationship between the embattled coach and Bulger took a turn for the worse this week when a healthy Bulger was benched in favor of Trent Green. Bulger has refused to comment publicly but his star running back Steven Jackson has saying, “He’s our general. You don’t pay someone $60-something million and then sit him on the bench” (Bulger was signed to a $65 million contract extension prior to the 2007 season.) Jackson went on to add that “I’m not the only one who feels this way”, obviously referencing other teammates who feel Bulger is getting the short end of the stick. It is starting to appear that Linehan has lost almost all his players and his ouster from the head coaching position may be only days away.

Hammock Parties 09-26-2008 09:43 PM

Herm > Linehan

gblowfish 09-26-2008 09:54 PM

NEVER. He's Steve Bono all over again.

BigVE 09-26-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 5057294)
NEVER. He's Steve Bono all over again.

Really? I don't remember Bono being a pro-bowler. He would be better than anyone we have had since Trent.

Ultra Peanut 09-26-2008 09:56 PM

Why the **** would we want a 31 year old quarterback who would require a decent return to be leading this squad of youngsters and ****ups?

Frazod 09-26-2008 10:00 PM

Linehan could get whacked at any moment. I don't think Bulger not wanting to play for him will be much of an issue.

BigVE 09-26-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5057299)
Why the **** would we want a 31 year old quarterback who would require a decent return to be leading this squad of youngsters and ****ups?

Oh, you must be new to KC...we have Damon F'ing Huard starting this weekend, he was preceeded by Tyler F'n Thigpen with an occasional appearance by a wr/qb named Hagans who recently got CUT! To make matters worse, Brody F'n Croyle is our regular starter *(no kidding) and he is injured AGAIN and won't be back to IMPROVE our QB situation for a little while. Keep up noob. :) ;) Duh.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-26-2008 10:03 PM

I'm not sold on Bulger at all. He's a system QB at this point that was SURROUNDED by talent. Look what he's doing with a ragtag group of youngsters pretty similar to ours? Would the results be that different? The salary would.

triple 09-26-2008 10:04 PM

it wouldn't be a bad acquisition in the offseason. I think he's only 30, he's accurate, proven in the league. the Bono comparison is ludicrous. it would be the biggest possible upgrade we could make at one position in the offseason.

BigVE 09-26-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 5057311)
I'm not sold on Bulger at all. He's a system QB at this point that was SURROUNDED by talent. Look what he's doing with a ragtag group of youngsters pretty similar to ours? Would the results be that different? The salary would.

I hear ya'. At least Bulger has shown something positive in the past, he has shown that he is tough too. I'm getting desperate.

FAX 09-26-2008 10:15 PM

Is that a Bulger or are you just happy to have a quarterback?

FAX

el borracho 09-26-2008 10:16 PM

a. If it is a decision between Bulger and Linehan I'm guessing the Rams keep Bulger.
b. I'm not really interested in Bulger if his big, fat contract comes with him (which it would).

Face it, Chiefs fans, we are toast this year and will be spending either our 1st or 2nd pick on a QB next year (and we had better hope like mad that we select the right one).

BigVE 09-26-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 5057338)
a. If it is a decision between Bulger and Linehan I'm guessing the Rams keep Bulger.
b. I'm not really interested in Bulger if his big, fat contract comes with him (which it would).

Face it, Chiefs fans, we are toast this year and will be spending either our 1st or 2nd pick on a QB next year (and we had better hope like mad that we select the right one).

Stafford would be the only one I would be satisfied with at this point. Sanchez showed he has a ways to go. (cue mecca to defend the USC guy)

el borracho 09-26-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triple (Post 5057315)
... it would be the biggest possible upgrade we could make at one position in the offseason.

Actually, firing Herm and hiring anyone with the football smarts of a pet rock or above would be the biggest possible upgrade.

Taco John 09-26-2008 10:19 PM

Bulger would be a decent acquisition, but only if you drafted a QB in round one to learn under him. Hell, I though Huard would fill that role, with Brodie learning from the bench for two full years while on a bulking up program. I said it then, and I believe it now: it was a huge mistake to start Croyle so early. The kid had potential, but now he's damaged goods.