ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What I really missed today... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192793)

Hootie 09-28-2008 03:06 PM

What I really missed today...

Thigpen hitting the opposition with passes...I hardly even laughed today...we looked like a real football team.

Herm's a genius...he knew that starting Thigpen for 7 straight quarters would make this fan base appreciate Damon Huard.

Huard, a mediocre QB at best, looks like a perennial all-pro compared to Thigpen.

Props to Herm for outsmarting us once again.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-28-2008 03:11 PM

Yes, this game just made Thiggy look even worse. As hard as that is to believe.

pr_capone 09-28-2008 03:12 PM

Jeez.... we need a backup for our backup.

Jeff George is still available, right?

Mr. Flopnuts 09-28-2008 03:13 PM

Come on Hootie. I know you're jaded but you're a Chiefs fan to the 9th degree. Get excited about today. It was the ****ing Broncos, and it was at home. We completely dominated them from start to finish.

Mr. Laz 09-28-2008 03:14 PM

with all due respect, this TEAM came out and played on a entirely different level today.

the offensive line blocked much better today .... Huard actually had 2 seconds to breathe today.

the offensive play calling was MUCH more varied and open today

the running game actually existed today

the defense actually made some plays

Thigpen looked shaky .... but he was running for his life.

Hootie 09-28-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 5063571)
Come on Hootie. I know you're jaded but you're a Chiefs fan to the 9th degree. Get excited about today. It was the ****ing Broncos, and it was at home. We completely dominated them from start to finish.

I was thrilled.

DeMorrio, Carr, Flowers, DJ and Pollard all impressed me and LJ was LJ. I don't give two shits about Huard but once again, he showed he is an effective QB with the right game plan and a running game.

We're an 8 win team with Huard at QB...that's not the ultimate goal but with all of the youth that's pretty friggin' good if you ask me.

Perhaps Herb Taylor should remain at LT and Albert, more of a power guy, should move to RT :hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts 09-28-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5063588)
I was thrilled.

DeMorrio, Carr, Flowers, DJ and Pollard all impressed me and LJ was LJ. I don't give two shits about Huard but once again, he showed he is an effective QB with the right game plan and a running game.

We're an 8 win team with Huard at QB...that's not the ultimate goal but with all of the youth that's pretty friggin' good if you ask me.

Perhaps Herb Taylor should remain at LT and Albert, more of a power guy, should move to RT :hmmm:

I hope we win 8 games. These kids need to learn how to win, and do it in the face of adversity. I for one hope we don't have a top 5 pick this year.

Hootie 09-28-2008 03:18 PM

well we will win 6 if Huard stays in at QB...he doesn't have the Croyle ability but he makes smarter throws and lets his playmakers make plays.

To be honest, I hope we draft a Bradford next season and keep Huard as the starter. He at least makes the team want to play hard...

It's hard to not give up when you have a Thigpen in there...

the Talking Can 09-28-2008 03:18 PM

winning eight games would be a ****ing disaster....

Hootie 09-28-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5063611)

why?

Because it would mean our young guys are actually worth a shit and playing beyond expectation?

Mr. Flopnuts 09-28-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5063611)

I couldn't disagree any more. The last thing I want is all of these kids developing loser mentality.

Hootie 09-28-2008 03:20 PM

People are way too worried about top 10 picks...when was the last time the Colts had a top 10 pick?

pr_capone 09-28-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flopnuts (Post 5063625)
I couldn't disagree any more. The last thing I want is all of these kids developing loser mentality.

:clap::clap::clap:

I could not agree more. These kids need to know what a win in the NFL feels like. Make them hungry for more... not make them loose hope and start thinking of themselves as loosers.

rep there bud for stating the unpopular opinion

Mr. Laz 09-28-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5063626)
People are way too worried about top 10 picks...when was the last time the Colts had a top 10 pick?

ok .... so when we draft in the bottom half of the 1st round people use it as an excuse for us not having top talent.

now you are saying "who needs a high pick"

please just shut up

milkman 09-28-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5063647)
:clap::clap::clap:

I could not agree more. These kids need to know what a win in the NFL feels like. Make them hungry for more... not make them loose hope and start thinking of themselves as loosers.

rep there bud for stating the unpopular opinion

Lose an o.