ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports uugh More Yankee hate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198901)

Molitoth 12-21-2008 07:15 PM

uugh More Yankee hate

I just saw on ESPN that Manny Ramirez is awaiting an offer from the Yankee's.

Does rivalry mean ANYTHING to these players anymore?
Is it really just all about the money?

I swear if the Yankees get Manny this offseason..... I dunno I will just be speechless and my hate for their piece of shit organization will grow beyond belief.

Actually I just won't watch baseball... they really need a salary cap.

I had to watch Clemmons sell out, and then Damon.... now I gotta watch Manny sell out??? what a bunch of pieces of shit.

Mecca 12-21-2008 07:17 PM

Um dude, fans care way more about rivalries than players do, they're all friends with each other.

Reaper16 12-21-2008 07:18 PM

I would be sympathetic to your argument if you weren't (it seems) a fan of the Red Sox, an organization essentially just as bad.

Molitoth 12-21-2008 07:19 PM

I suppose.

Molitoth 12-21-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5318342)
I would be sympathetic to your argument if you weren't (it seems) a fan of the Red Sox, an organization essentially just as bad.

I'm actually a Royals fan first, and a fan of any team playing the Yankee's second.
The Red Sox score many points with me due to this fact.

Demonpenz 12-21-2008 07:31 PM

yankees won rings when they had homegrown talent. I don't know the dimentions in the new ball park, but I would love to see manny in the yanks uni because he is the worst OF in baseball

MIAdragon 12-21-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5318403)
yankees won rings when they had homegrown talent. I don't know the dimentions in the new ball park, but I would love to see manny in the yanks uni because he is the worst OF in baseball

ROFL

MIAdragon 12-21-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5318342)

again. ROFL

triple 12-21-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 5318328)
Does rivalry mean ANYTHING to these players anymore?
Is it really just all about the money?

why do you think manny is still loyal to Boston after an acrimonious split and them trading him away?

Molitoth 12-21-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

an organization essentially just as bad.
hmmm..

Compare the amount of high salary players BROUGHT into the organizations to the home grown ones between the 2 teams and see what you get.

FloridaMan88 12-21-2008 07:55 PM

If you left Coca-Cola on somewhat bad terms and Pepsi offered you a big $$$ position would you give a shit that you were going to your former employer's biggest rival?

Bowser 12-21-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5318487)
If you left Coca-Cola on somewhat bad terms and Pepsi offered you a big $$$ position would you give a shit that you were going to your former employer's biggest rival?

Pretty much.

That being said - **** the Yankees.

MIAdragon 12-21-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triple (Post 5318476)
why do you think manny is still loyal to Boston after an acrimonious split and them trading him away?

Manny grew up with in sight of Yankee stadium, he was a Yankee fan growing up. As a tru Sox fan while it would be somewhat disappointing seeing him in pinstripes I hold no grudge.

chief52 12-21-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5318403)

Now that Bonds has retired I would agree that manny is the worst OF in baseball.

Bonds was so bad his last few years that the grass in left field where Bonds stood is just starting to grow back now. He never moved.

As a Dodger fan, I hope the Dodgers can sign manny to the 2 year offer they have made. Any more than that I think would be a big mistake.

MIAdragon 12-21-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 5318516)
Now that Bonds has retired I would agree that manny is the worst OF in baseball.

Bonds was so bad his last few years that the grass in left field where Bonds stood is just starting to grow back now. He never moved.

As a Dodger fan, I hope the Dodgers can sign manny to the 2 year offer they have made. Any more than that I think would be a big mistake.

this shit is too rich, please before you label someone as the "worst" do some stat checking.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...n=2008&month=0