ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Hiring employees (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200002)

Mr. Plow 01-09-2009 10:10 AM

Hiring employees

We are in the process of hiring probably 4-5 new employees in addition to 1-2 new supervisors. Let me say that I am so glad that I have no responsibilities when it comes to hiring them. By the way some act, or talk, you would think that we should feel lucky that we have them in for them to think about our position.

In the last two days, we have had:

- 1 came in dressed as if they just got out of bed. Literally wearing flannels, sweatshirt, and slippers.

- 1 saying as soon as the interview started: "Let me tell you MY availability. I won't work any Saturdays/Sundays/Mondays, but I want full time hours."

- When asked about previous employers, literally cursed their names and used vulgar language in reference to them. Going so far as to call one a "Sl*t A$$ Whore" to the person interviewing them.

In the past, we have had people bring their kids with them to interviews. What is wrong with people? Do they not understand that first impression for a potential employer is important?

Anyone else got any dumb people stories?

runnercyclist 01-09-2009 10:15 AM

For God's sake man, what position are you hiring? Where do you get your recruits, Crack houses?

I just interviewed 14 people for a position I had and I was ULTRA impressed with the candidates that applied. The Universitites are turning out good folks from where I sit.

Two new hires in 2008 are doing very well.

Maybe it's their leader ;)

Goapics1 01-09-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5372449)
- 1 saying as soon as the interview started: "Let me tell you MY availability. I won't work any Saturdays/Sundays/Mondays, but I want full time hours."

So did I get the job?

Reerun_KC 01-09-2009 10:19 AM

Can I have a job...

Pajamas, robe and slippers... Dude you guys are rocking...

Mr. Plow 01-09-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnercyclist (Post 5372471)
For God's sake man, what position are you hiring? Where do you get your recruits, Crack houses?

I just interviewed 14 people for a position I had and I was ULTRA impressed with the candidates that applied. The Universitites are turning out good folks from where I sit.

Two new hires in 2008 are doing very well.

Maybe it's their leader ;)

We have had some very good applicants. I'm just talking about a small minority. But you would think that a little common sense would tell someone to dress appropriately, don't make demands when it's YOU that needs a job, and to not talk that negatively about past employers.

Mr. Plow 01-09-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goapics1 (Post 5372480)
So did I get the job?

We are still evaluating all of our applicants and will be in touch.

King_Chief_Fan 01-09-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

We are in the process of hiring probably 4-5 new employees in addition to 1-2 new supervisors. Let me say that I am so glad that I have no responsibilities when it comes to hiring them. By the way some act, or talk, you would think that we should feel lucky that we have them in for them to think about our position.

- 1 came in dressed as if they just got out of bed. Literally wearing flannels, sweatshirt, and slippers.

- When asked about previous employers, literally cursed their names and used vulgar language in reference to them. Going so far as to call one a "Sl*t A$$ Whore" to the person interviewing them.

In the past, we have had people bring their kids with them to interviews. What is wrong with people? Do they not understand that first impression for a potential employer is important?

I have had similar stories...not showing up dressed like the ones you mentioned but the hour thing and dissing the previous emplouyer....those interviews lasted about 5 minutes. I told them right then and there they are not what I am looking for.

Saulbadguy 01-09-2009 10:21 AM

I've always been amazed at the people that get passed screening for an interview.

Fish 01-09-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5372489)
We have had some very good applicants. I'm just talking about a small minority. But you would think that a little common sense would tell someone to dress appropriately, don't make demands when it's YOU that needs a job, and to not talk that negatively about past employers.

Common sense hasn't been taught in the education system for nearly 75 years... it's a rare attribute these days...

runnercyclist 01-09-2009 10:25 AM

After those three interviews my next conversation would be with my HR hiring recruiter.

jspchief 01-09-2009 10:25 AM

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I remember an interview I had where the interviewer made some crack about me being over-dressed (black pants, white dress shirt, tie).

My reply was "yea, sorry about taking this opportunity too seriously".

Skip Towne 01-09-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5372492)
We are still evaluating all of our applicants and will be in touch.

Well don't take all day. I have things to do.

El Jefe 01-09-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

The million dollar question, where do you work, or what field do you work in?

Mr. Plow 01-09-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 5372512)
On the opposite side of the spectrum, I remember an interview I had where the interviewer made some crack about me being over-dressed (black pants, white dress shirt, tie).

My reply was "yea, sorry about taking this opportunity too seriously".

No shit. We are a smaller company (30+ employees). We don't require suit & tie type attire, simply a nice pair of jeans & appropriate shirt type attire. Dress for the position that you want.

Mr. Plow 01-09-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ (Post 5372525)
The million dollar question, where do you work, or what field do you work in?

I knew it would be asked eventually....so, yes, I know the field has something to do with it, but it shouldn't matter if you are looking for work. So...a little about our business.

My wife & I own an inbound only call center - no telemarketing. We have over 600 customers nationwide and answer roughly 75,000 calls per month.