ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs shouldn't select a QB in the 1st round (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201360)

kcbubb 01-29-2009 10:52 AM

The Chiefs shouldn't select a QB in the 1st round

The Chiefs should sign a free agent QB like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Or, if the Patriots would agree to it, swap first round picks with the Patriots for Matt Cassell.

The only defense in the league that was worse than the Chiefs was the 0-16 Detroit Lions. The Chiefs need, at a minimum, three new starters on defense (2 LB's & DE) if we stay in the 4-3. The Chiefs need defensive talent.

If the Chiefs do not swap first round picks with the Patriots for Cassell, the Chiefs would benefit the most by trading down and acquiring more picks and possibly getting more value out of their first round pick instead of reaching for a player. The Chiefs need defense with their first pick.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 10:52 AM

:spock::shake:

STFU

King_Chief_Fan 01-29-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437654)
The Chiefs should sign a free agent QB like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Or, if the Patriots would agree to it, swap first round picks with the Patriots for Matt Cassell.

The only defense in the league that was worse than the Chiefs was the 0-16 Detroit Lions. The Chiefs need, at a minimum, three new starters on defense (2 LB's & DE) if we stay in the 4-3. The Chiefs need defensive talent.

If the Chiefs do not swap first round picks with the Patriots for Cassell, the Chiefs would benefit the most by trading down and acquiring more picks and possibly getting more value out of their first round pick instead of reaching for a player. The Chiefs need defense with their first pick.

oh oh, you are going to get it now

chiefs1111 01-29-2009 10:53 AM

:banghead:

blueballs 01-29-2009 10:55 AM

this going to be like wearing a Buccaneers jersey
to a Raider home game

Planetman 01-29-2009 10:55 AM

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8522/hangingwb8.gif

the Talking Can 01-29-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437654)

go kill yourself... and video tape it so I can watch it over and over

The Franchise 01-29-2009 10:58 AM

First off before the bashing begins.......

Exactly WHO should we select with the #3 pick.

My guess....he either says Curry or Orakpo.

Brock 01-29-2009 10:59 AM

If they didn't draft a QB, there isn't going to be any free agent QB any better than what they already have.

jspchief 01-29-2009 11:01 AM

Fitzpatrick? Seriously?

beach tribe 01-29-2009 11:04 AM

Fitzpatrick+You=Tard

Thigpen is better than Fitzpatrick.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437674)
First off before the bashing begins.......

Exactly WHO should we select with the #3 pick.

My guess....he either says Curry or Orakpo.

I would recommend trading down. I like several of the DEs. I like Everette Brown in the middle of the first. I think he is a good value pick there. I like Micheal Johnson in the second or late first. I think he will blow the combine up. I also like Maualuga in the middle of the first. I think if the Chiefs could move down to the 9-15 pick range and get a few pics that would be the best option for the Chiefs. There is value at DE there.

Brock 01-29-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437707)
I would recommend trading down. I like several of the DEs. I like Everette Brown in the middle of the first. I think he is a good value pick there. I like Micheal Johnson in the second or late first. I think he will blow the combine up. I also like Maualuga in the middle of the first. I think if the Chiefs could move down to the 9-15 pick range and get a few pics that would be the best option for the Chiefs. There is value at DE there.

What if they couldn't move down?

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437724)
What if they couldn't move down?

We could probably give up an extra pick or two for the right to move down.

Fritz88 01-29-2009 11:18 AM

Fitzpatrick. WTF.

I agree that we should concentrate on D. But to go for Fitzpatrick!!!

We should keep Thigpen and make him a starter.