ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is BJ Raji worth #3 overall? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203474)

Direckshun 03-02-2009 01:48 AM

Is BJ Raji worth #3 overall?

A gigantic nose tackle who can penetrate upfield?

Does Raji have what it takes to be a top five pick?

Thoughts.

L.A. Chieffan 03-02-2009 01:50 AM

suspended for academic reasons? seems kinda of like a mongoloid and not really a pioli type player. big dude tho

Mecca 03-02-2009 01:53 AM

A NT is not exactly a position that requires a brain.

L.A. Chieffan 03-02-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5545936)
A NT is not exactly a position that requires a brain.

i know, but he couldnt even get his bitches to do his homework for him either? thats kinda lazy

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-02-2009 05:40 AM

I really don't know. It's really disconcerting that we've been put in this situation.

Mecca 03-02-2009 05:44 AM

It's not a great position to be in but we don't have alot of other than praying to trade down or taking a LB ridiculously high.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-02-2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5546000)
It's not a great position to be in but we don't have alot of other than praying to trade down or taking a LB ridiculously high.

I know. It's just one of the many reasons why I didn't like the Cassel trade, or the move to a 3-4. It's all related.

I feel like we're getting an inferior QB who is ready now, but not only did that cost us our second rounder, it destroyed our value for our first as well, and even if a guy like Raji works out, we're still wasting Dorsey.

It's just an incredibly myopic trade.

Hootie 03-02-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5546008)
I know. It's just one of the many reasons why I didn't like the Cassel trade, or the move to a 3-4. It's all related.

I feel like we're getting an inferior QB who is ready now, but not only did that cost us our second rounder, it destroyed our value for our first as well, and even if a guy like Raji works out, we're still wasting Dorsey.

It's just an incredibly myopic trade.

you're smarter than pioli

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-02-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5546026)
you're smarter than pioli

If I play Tiger Woods in match play, there's a decent chance that I could win one hole every now and then.

If I play HORSE against Jordan, there is a chance that I could get a letter on him.

It doesn't mean I'm better than either of them at their chosen professions.

Mecca 03-02-2009 07:51 AM

This whole idea that Pioli is can't be questioned is starting to get out of hand, every move he makes is not going to turn to gold.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-02-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5546049)
This whole idea that Pioli is can't be questioned is starting to get out of hand, every move he makes is not going to turn to gold.

This entire fanbase would bend over backwards to give him a dutch rudder. It's ridiculous.

DrRyan 03-02-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5546034)
If I play Tiger Woods in match play, there's a decent chance that I could win one hole every now and then.

If I play HORSE against Jordan, there is a chance that I could get a letter on him.

It doesn't mean I'm better than either of them at their chosen professions.

Nope, not possible you would ever win a single hole in match play against Tiger. Maybe, if you pull some Harlem Globetrotter half court hook shot shit and get lucky, you may be able to hang an H on Jordan. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-02-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 5546386)
Nope, not possible you would ever win a single hole in match play against Tiger. Maybe, if you pull some Harlem Globetrotter half court hook shot shit and get lucky, you may be able to hang an H on Jordan. :)

If you're telling me that I couldn't birdie a hole, you've never watched me play golf. Hell, pros miss over half their putts from 6-12 feet.

And the last time I checked, Jordan didn't shoot 100% from three point range.

DrRyan 03-02-2009 10:11 AM

Whatever you say Hamas. I am sure in a casual round, you may be able to scratch out a bird, but if it counted, you would have no chance. It is called pressure, Tiger thrives on it, and I would say it is a pretty safe bet you would not. I have not seen many PGA players thrive under the pressure of playing Tiger, but you may be the one who can.

I get the point you are trying to make though. You don't like the Cassel trade, we sold the future and now we are ****ed in your opinion. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but how about waiting until Cassel has had a season or two in KC and Sanchez and Stafford have been in the league a couple seasons before saying we just made such a bad trade. It is possible that in a couple years when comparing the three, Cassel will be the best option. That is possible right?

eazyb81 03-02-2009 10:18 AM

"Worth" is relative. There is a finite amount of players to choose from. So, in a sense that Raji would fill a need in arguably the most important position to make a 3-4 scheme function properly, then yeah, I do think he's worth it.

Ideally, we would be drafting him at around 10-15 instead of 3, but the situation is what it is. I think Raji compares very well to Vince Wilfork or Casey Hampton, and yes, they were drafted in the mid-1st, but you can't make perfect comparisons because this draft is weak in blue chip talent and our specific team situation is different.