ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports A-Rod Tipping Pitches? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207036)

kysirsoze 04-30-2009 03:22 PM

A-Rod Tipping Pitches?

I am as sick of hearing about A-Rod as anyone. He's a juicer and I believe he always has been. But now there is apparently evidence that he tipped pitches to opposing teams in order to get more favorable at bats.

Are you ****ing kidding me???? If this is credible, he should be banned from baseball altogether. If Pete Rose is out, A-Rod should GTFO and stay out. No records, no HoF, NOTHING.:cuss:

CoMoChief 04-30-2009 03:26 PM

Ah shit who cares, teams steal signs, do all kinds of shit from back in the old days.

This isn't anything new. Move along folks.

pr_capone 04-30-2009 03:26 PM

link pls

DeezNutz 04-30-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5729628)
Ah shit who cares, teams steal signs, do all kinds of shit from back in the old days.

Yeah, a player telling the other team what's coming would be pretty unorthodox.

kysirsoze 04-30-2009 03:30 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4114292

Apparently most of the info is going to be in this new book.

Scorp 04-30-2009 03:32 PM

It is truly sad what baseball has become.

kysirsoze 04-30-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5729635)
Yeah, a player telling the other team what's coming would be pretty unorthodox.

This. Stealing signals, while ethically dubious, is not the same as cheating your own team so your personal stat line can look better.

eazyb81 04-30-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 5729649)
It is truly sad what baseball has become.

No shit, why can't all baseball players be perfect angels like the players in the NFL and NBA?!?

kysirsoze 04-30-2009 03:37 PM

I'll pose it as a question, then. Does anyone think A-Rod should/will be banned if this is shown to be for real? Rose was banned for gambling on games in which he wasn't involved. The main reason seems to be the damage his actions did to the integrity of the game. If A-Rod tipped pitches, IMO that's worse and more damaging.

DeezNutz 04-30-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 5729669)
I'll pose it as a question, then. Does anyone think A-Rod should/will be banned if this is shown to be for real? Rose was banned for gambling on games in which he wasn't involved. The main reason seems to be the damage his actions did to the integrity of the game. If A-Rod tipped pitches, IMO that's worse and more damaging.

No chance he gets banned.

An ass beating from teammate(s) if true? Very, very possible.

BigVE 04-30-2009 03:44 PM

LOL, "Bitch-tits".

alnorth 04-30-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 5729669)
I'll pose it as a question, then. Does anyone think A-Rod should/will be banned if this is shown to be for real?

Yes. However, I simply do not believe this is true. Until thoroughly proven otherwise, I'm looking at this as a bunch of hysterical claims made by someone wanting to sell a book.

kysirsoze 04-30-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 5729705)
Yes. However, I simply do not believe this is true. Until thoroughly proven otherwise, I'm looking at this as a bunch of hysterical claims made by someone wanting to sell a book.

The woman who wrote the book is by all accounts a well respected journalist. It was addressed by JRIB, ATH, and PTI. All of these shows shared the sentiment that she wouldn't have written it if she didn't have compelling evidence.

:shrug:

oldandslow 04-30-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5729628)

But they steal signs to help their team...not the other guys. In blow-out games A-Rod was stealing the signs of his own Pitcher/Catcher and letting the other teams batter know what was coming in the hope that the other team SS/2b would do the same for him so he could pad his stats.

If this is true, it is as bad as what Rose did - ultimately changing the outcome of games.

Ban him.

wild1 04-30-2009 04:08 PM

Yeah, right.