ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs After hearing the WHB interview with TonyG a 2nd time, I'm kinda glad he's gone... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207694)

htismaqe 05-14-2009 04:06 PM

After hearing the WHB interview with TonyG a 2nd time, I'm kinda glad he's gone...

I have this gut feeling that the unnamed player(s) he wanted to talk about was TYLER THIGPEN. And if Tony honestly wanted him to be the starter next year, it was time for him to move on.

FAX 05-14-2009 04:12 PM

Ummm. Kinda cryptic there, Mr. htismaqe. Would you mind unpacking that post a little? I didn't hear the interview ... he was asked about a player, or something?

FAX

DeezNutz 05-14-2009 04:13 PM

From Pioli's perspective, the fact that Gonzo wanted to talk/offer advice/etc. about any player wasn't going to play well.

KcMizzou 05-14-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5766083)
Ummm. Kinda cryptic there, Mr. htismaqe. Would you mind unpacking that post a little? I didn't hear the interview ... he was asked about a player, or something?

FAX

He offered his opinion on an un-named player, and was told that his opinion on other players wasn't needed.

It sounds a lot like the Waters deal.

htismaqe 05-14-2009 04:25 PM

Tony requested a meeting with Pioli and Haley. They sat down and he asked to talk about a certain player or players (from listening a second time, it sure sounded like he wanted to talk about a SPECIFIC player) and he was told it was none of his business.

He had made public comments at the end of the season or thereabouts that he felt Thigpen should be the starter, which leads me to believe that's who he wanted to talk about.

It also makes me wonder then if Tony really was about winning or just about his stats - because Thigpen pretty much locked onto him the last half of the season.

seaofred 05-14-2009 04:38 PM

The last few years Tony has been more about himself than the team. Yes he played hard, but there is more to being a good teammate than just playing hard.

Simply Red 05-14-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5766117)
Tony requested a meeting with Pioli and Haley. They sat down and he asked to talk about a certain player or players (from listening a second time, it sure sounded like he wanted to talk about a SPECIFIC player) and he was told it was none of his business.

He had made public comments at the end of the season or thereabouts that he felt Thigpen should be the starter, which leads me to believe that's who he wanted to talk about.

It also makes me wonder then if Tony really was about winning or just about his stats - because Thigpen pretty much locked onto him the last half of the season.

On a side note, i'd be interested on your take or best guess as to how (you believe) Haley will pan out.

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 04:43 PM

Who cares?

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5766158)
On a side note, i'd be interested on your take or best guess as to how Haley will pan out.

Jesus SR, whats THAT got to do with anything?

Simply Red 05-14-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5766166)
Jesus SR, whats THAT got to do with anything?

"I just, am trying, to, fit in."

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5766172)

Were you quoting something there SR, is that what the quote marks are for? Laugh riot.

Simply Red 05-14-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5766177)
Were you quoting something there SR, is that what the quote marks are for? Laugh riot.

Just, say, 'no.'

Nzoner 05-14-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5766117)

Well if he is all about big stats good luck in Atlanta,I mean I know he'll get his to a point but there's also White,Jenkins and Turner wanting theirs as well.

Skip Towne 05-14-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5766172)

Permission denied.

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5766181)
Just, say, 'no.'

dont wear that anymore. c'mon you're prettier than that