ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So...I'm producing a play. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208062)

Rain Man 05-24-2009 12:06 AM

So...I'm producing a play.

My wife is on the board of a theatre company in Denver, which is one of only three theatres in the state that uses full-time professional actors in its plays. They're quite good.

We went to a show this week, and it was kind of an unusual one in that they did four short biographical plays about local celebrities (our Governor, a well-known local singer, former Bronco Reggie Rivers, and a local businesswoman). Between each play, they auctioned off something related - beer with the governor, dinner with Reggie Rivers, etc.

One auction item was different, though. It was a party for 75 people at the theater, and as part of the event they will write and perform a 15 to 30-minute play on any topic you choose. My company is having our tenth anniversary this summer and we'd been pondering ideas for an innovative celebration. My wife looked at each other and thought, "Heyyyy...."

So we bid on it, and we won. We're going to invite a bunch of clients and potential clients to our party and then perform a play about the history of our company. Cool, eh?

I'm hoping they pick a handsome guy to play me.

Thig Lyfe 05-24-2009 12:44 AM

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/qKlljbDC4ZhG_IZlhNCMDA/649/857"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/qKlljbDC4ZhG_IZlhNCMDA/649/857" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

pr_capone 05-24-2009 01:10 AM

What is the name of the Theater?

I would like to check out what they are showing during my trip up there.

RealSNR 05-24-2009 02:19 AM

If they were REALLY cool they'd let you star as yourself in that play.

mikey23545 05-24-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5789144)
We're going to invite a bunch of clients and potential clients to our party and then perform a play about the history of our company. Cool, eh?

I think we've finally discovered something more coma-inducing than slide shows of your vacation trips....

Katipan 05-24-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5789144)
So we bid on it, and we won. We're going to invite a bunch of clients and potential clients to our party and then perform a play about the history of our company. Cool, eh?

I'm hoping they pick a handsome guy to play me.

Just use Taming of the Shrew and update it a little.

big nasty kcnut 05-24-2009 06:09 AM

If they have rain man in the play. He must have a chiefs hat and for no reason yell damnit carl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Zebedee DuBois 05-24-2009 07:10 AM

Oh...the questions...

Will the soup throwing scene be included? or the bike stealing episode?

Will whomever plays DaFace be painted green? Actually I picture you two as sort of a F a g i n /Artful Dodger type of relationship.

And most importantly.....how will they translate all the hours spent browsing the planet into an interesting stage scene.

Fire Me Boy! 05-24-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 5789220)
Oh...the questions...

Will the soup throwing scene be included? or the bike stealing episode?

Will whomever plays DaFace be painted green? Actually I picture you two as sort of a F a g i n /Artful Dodger type of relationship.

And most importantly.....how will they translate all the hours spent browsing the planet into an interesting stage scene.

Who'll play Bill Sykes?

Dayze 05-24-2009 09:08 AM

this reminds me of an episode of "The Office" in which Michael attends an improv class, but the other actors get irritated because he whips out imaginary pistols in every skit and starts shooting people.

Rain Man 05-24-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5789160)
What is the name of the Theater?

I would like to check out what they are showing during my trip up there.

It's the one I pm'ed you about.

Skip Towne 05-24-2009 09:31 AM

Have you thought about starting an Industrial League basketball team? With you at 6'5" amd DaFace at 6'4" you would be a natural.

RNR 05-24-2009 09:34 AM

what is up with the Belicheat sig?

patteeu 05-24-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5789181)
If they were REALLY cool they'd let you star as yourself in that play.

Or at least make a cameo appearance as a flunkie. The flunkies in Rain Man's sweatshop would probably get a kick out of that.

Maybe he could play the smart, hot chick (intern?) who accepted a job with the company only to turn around a short time before her start date and take a job with someone else. I think Rain Man in drag would make the evening a huge success.

P.S. Sounds like a great idea for a company get together to me in any event. Definitely unusual/memorable.

DenverChief 05-24-2009 10:35 AM

the chiefs offense will never be able to run it
Posted via Mobile Device