ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Follow-up to Band of Brothers, 'The Pacific', coming to HBO in 2010 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209400)

keg in kc 06-22-2009 08:09 AM

Follow-up to Band of Brothers, 'The Pacific', coming to HBO in 2010

First look here: http://www.pacificfans.com/trailer-videos

dirk digler 06-22-2009 08:20 AM

Awesome I had no idea they were making this. It is about time the men who fought in the Pacific get their do since their fighting was alot more intense than what happened in Europe.

Shag 06-22-2009 08:26 AM

Nice! I'm in the process of re-watching Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray - amazing series. I do find the European theater to be more interesting (to me), but I'm definitely looking forward to this one...

MVChiefFan 06-22-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 5855115)
Nice! I'm in the process of re-watching Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray - amazing series. I do find the European theater to be more interesting (to me), but I'm definitely looking forward to this one...

I'm with you on that. The European front has always really grabbed my attention. In fact, I'm ashamed to say I don't really know much about the Pacific. So, I'm pretty excited about this.

gblowfish 06-22-2009 09:07 AM

Nuke Em.

keg in kc 06-22-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 5855121)
I'm with you on that. The European front has always really grabbed my attention. In fact, I'm ashamed to say I don't really know much about the Pacific. So, I'm pretty excited about this.

Just a theory, but I'd say that's because pop culture has always latched onto the European theater. There've been far fewer films about the Pacific; it's not as romanticized.

blaise 06-22-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

I find the European theater more interesting, too, maybe because my grandfather was there. But I loved Band of Brothers, so even if this is close to it it'll be great. I think a lot of it will depend on the men they choose to follow and the casting- both of those things in Band of Brothers were outstanding.
After Band of Brothers, as long as it was, I was wishing there was more, so I'm looking forward to this as well.

DTLB58 06-22-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

I've always said "The Band of Brothers" Was the most powerful thing ever filmed. So I'm very excited to see this.

Frazod 06-22-2009 09:19 AM

I always found the Pacific theater to be more interesting. Must be the sailor in me.

I'm really looking forward to this.

blaise 06-22-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5855224)
Just a theory, but I'd say that's because pop culture has always latched onto the European theater. There've been far fewer films about the Pacific; it's not as romanticized.

I think that and also because more people here have European ties. Also because Hitler is such as figure in the European theater, that it somehow makes it more compelling.

Frazod 06-22-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5855233)
I think that and also because more people here have European ties. Also because Hitler is such as figure in the European theater, that it somehow makes it more compelling.

The Japanese were far more barbaric than the Germans or Italians - at least to the average soldier.

Buck 06-22-2009 09:25 AM

I know more about the Pacific since my Grandfather fought in Okinawa.

I'm super excited to see this, but I hope that it lives up to expectations, because Band of Brothers was just epic.

keg in kc 06-22-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5855232)
Must be the sailor in me.

What's his name?

(sorry, couldn't pass that one up... :evil:)

MOhillbilly 06-22-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 5855203)
Nuke Em.

X2

Frazod 06-22-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5855253)
What's his name?

(sorry, couldn't pass that one up... :evil:)

Yeah, I tee'd that up nicely, didn't I? :banghead: