ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Michio Kaku: Is our "Universe" merely a "white hole" on the back of a "black hole"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212433)

jAZ 08-23-2009 10:31 AM

Michio Kaku: Is our Universe merely a "whitehole" on the other side of a "blackhole"?

This was well worth the 10 minutes (if you like this stuff) if only for the idea that maybe our expanding universe is merely a "white hole" on the back side of another universe's black hole and that our "big bang" was possibly the formation of that black/white hole in a multiverse.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rg3uNrI8tE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rg3uNrI8tE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Priest31kc 08-23-2009 11:10 AM

Wow, very interesting. Good post. I've always been VERY interested and amazed by space, and always watch those Universe shows on the History Channel whenever they're on. I dont know what to think of this theory, if true, than wow.

Jenson71 08-23-2009 11:32 AM

Buuuttt.....Bruno wasn't killed by the Church for "saying precisely these things." State authorities, directed by states, would burn people, not the Church. And Bruno was condemned by the Inquisition for saying things like Christ was a magician (not God) and other similar theological opinions condemned by the 'club' he belonged to (you would expect a biologist to condemn the errors of a creationist-filled article, no? You should).

Kaku, like Carl Sagan, is well known for bringing complex science to the lay person through popular media (he's good at it), but sheesh, you can't just get that sloppy with some information, even if you're not a historian or understand Church-secular relations or theological disputes. It's simply not accurate.

teedubya 08-23-2009 12:55 PM

There are a couple awesome movie/documentaries on this type of subject that I recently watched.

The Voice

Spirit Space

Good shit.

beach tribe 08-23-2009 12:58 PM

I believe that there is no end to anything. How can there be? The only reality that can be possible IMO is infinity of everything. I believe there are an infinite number of universes, and that, yes, there is probably something bigger than a universe. But I really don't believe in the sizes of anything. I guess, yeah, somethings are bigger than others, but I don't really believe that something is big, or small, because it's all relative. If there is a creator of all this, which I also believe there has to be, and why does that have too sound crazy, when you think about something like this? Then he would be on the level of an atom, or of a multiverse. Kind of like just looking at a CPU screen, and hitting the zoom button. Well, that's kind of silly, but you get what I'm saying.
And I believe in God, but nothing that a scientist ever says will make me not believe in God. I think religions are the ones who pigeon hole what God is or isn't. Not the scientists.

Mr. Krab 08-23-2009 01:20 PM

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of infinite.

beach tribe 08-23-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab (Post 5995272)
I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of infinite.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone can think that there is an end. Like once you get to the end, what's on the other side of the wall.

I cannot grasp the concept of nothing. There just cannot be nothingness. There is still going to be an empty space, and scientists have proven time, and time again, that where there is nothing, there is something. you just have to look a little harder.

Mr. Krab 08-23-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5995277)
I have a hard time understanding how anyone can think that there is an end. Like once you get to the end, what's on the other side of the wall.

I cannot grasp the concept of nothing. There just cannot be nothingness. There is still going to be an empty space, and scientists have proven time, and time again, that where there is nothing, there is something. you just have to look a little harder.

Circle?

I'm much more of a mind to believe the concept that if you travel long enough you will end up back where you started.

beach tribe 08-23-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab (Post 5995280)
Circle?

What's outside of the circle?

Mr. Krab 08-23-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5995282)
What's outside of the circle?

I dunno. But how can something never end?

beach tribe 08-23-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab (Post 5995283)
I dunno. But how can something never end?

I dunno either.
How can it end? How can there be an end?

Space=time. It is impossible for it to end. If you reach the end, what is the end? A wall? A barrior? And if you reach that barrior, what is on the other side of it? More.

beach tribe 08-23-2009 01:35 PM

JMO too BTW.

Hell, I have no Idea.

Mr. Krab 08-23-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5995291)
JMO too BTW.

Hell, I have no Idea.

It will make your brain hurt if you think about it too much. :D

beach tribe 08-23-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab (Post 5995307)
It will make your brain hurt if you think about it too much. :D

Yep.

Silock 08-23-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5995289)
I dunno either.
How can it end? How can there be an end?

Space=time. It is impossible for it to end. If you reach the end, what is the end? A wall? A barrior? And if you reach that barrior, what is on the other side of it? More.

So, everything that IS just has always "been" there? I'm not sure I buy that, but I don't have any other explanation for it.

BTW, Michio Kaku is wicked smart. I dig his books, too.