ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216466)

Hootie 10-18-2009 09:31 AM

Peyton Manning

So...

Do you guys still think Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning?

Everyone always said that he played with the better supporting cast...which is why Tom was better.

Now Peyton is playing behind a terrible offensive line and throwing to the likes of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon...having arguably his best year ever...just like I always said...it wasn't the OTHER players...it was Peyton Manning.

So...

Is Brady still better than Manning?

Just curious.

ROFL

listopencil 10-18-2009 09:39 AM

Yes.

Bugeater 10-18-2009 09:41 AM

Who is "you guys"? I've never thought Brady was better than Manning.

okiedokieokoye 10-18-2009 09:42 AM

not a chance. You are witnessing the greatest QB in Manning since Montana.

JD10367 10-18-2009 09:42 AM

Earlier in his career, Brady was throwing to such luminaries as David Patten and Jermaine Wiggins. And their offense has never had a TE as good as what Peyton's had. In addition, Peyton's had a HOF WR in Harrison for MOST of his career, whereas Brady has had Moss for a couple of seasons. In addition, Manning had a HOF RB in Marshall Faulk and another guy (Edgerrin James) who looked well on the path there for a while.

In addition, Brady is coming back from major knee surgery. It's been five games. How did Manning look last year, coming back from major knee surgery? Just about the same.

As for Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon, you easily chalk that up to a case of "great QB throwing to scrubs". We'll have to wait a few seasons before we decide how good or how average those guys are.

Hootie 10-18-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiedokieokoye (Post 6181978)
not a chance. You are witnessing the greatest QB in Manning of all time.

FYP

Hootie 10-18-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6181982)
Earlier in his career, Brady was throwing to such luminaries as David Patten and Jermaine Wiggins. And their offense has never had a TE as good as what Peyton's had. In addition, Peyton's had a HOF WR in Harrison for MOST of his career, whereas Brady has had Moss for a couple of seasons. In addition, Manning had a HOF RB in Marshall Faulk and another guy (Edgerrin James) who looked well on the path there for a while.

In addition, Brady is coming back from major knee surgery. It's been five games. How did Manning look last year, coming back from major knee surgery? Just about the same.

As for Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon, you easily chalk that up to a case of "great QB throwing to scrubs". We'll have to wait a few seasons before we decide how good or how average those guys are.

keep drinking your Tom Brady kool-aid...

he'll always be the 2nd best QB of his era...

I hate Patriots fans more than Yankees fans.

JD10367 10-18-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Got Grbac (Post 6181983)
FYP

Any particular reason you're so busy slobbering Peyton's knob? Were you impressed with the championship performance he put on in college? Oops, wait, he choked in the big game. How about in the pros? Oops, wait, he choked season after season and finally only won a SB (in which he was the least important aspect of that game) after finally getting a solid D and a solid running game. He's got one SB, despite having played with HOF offensive talent.

Don't get me wrong. He's a great QB. He's in the top five, probably. Maybe even the top three. Whether he's the "greatest" is subjective. You could make a case for Montana, Brady, Elway, Marino, Unitas, and a bunch more.

I don't know why everyone's so hung up on "greatest". I wouldn't mind having any of those guys lead my team. As was done in another poll recently, though, if I had to choose one guy in his prime, I'd probably choose Montana.

JD10367 10-18-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Got Grbac (Post 6181985)
keep drinking your Tom Brady kool-aid...

he'll always be the 2nd best QB of his era...

I hate Patriots fans more than Yankees fans.

And I hate Manning ballwashers who can't back up their love. And I hate people who hate other teams' fans without good reason. So f**k you.

Simply Red 10-18-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Got Grbac (Post 6181956)
So...

Do you guys still think Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning?

Everyone always said that he played with the better supporting cast...which is why Tom was better.

Now Peyton is playing behind a terrible offensive line and throwing to the likes of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon...having arguably his best year ever...just like I always said...it wasn't the OTHER players...it was Peyton Manning.

So...

Is Brady still better than Manning?

Just curious.

ROFL

Peyton is better in my opinion, better dude too.

Quesadilla Joe 10-18-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6181982)

http://fromthelooneybin.files.wordpr...5/asterisk.jpg

JD10367 10-18-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6181992)
Peyton is better in my opinion, better dude too.

Yeah, he's a great guy. From all accounts, Brady is a stand-up citizen. At least he hasn't waved his ass at any female trainers lately.

JD10367 10-18-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6181994)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3FL4QbedWt.../douchebag.jpg

Hootie 10-18-2009 09:54 AM

god I wish Patriots fans would just stick to their ****ing planet...dude, we get it...we signed Pioli to be our GM...that doesn't mean we want you morons leaching all over this site.

Hootie 10-18-2009 09:55 AM

Tom Brady DOES NOTHING BETTER than Peyton Manning...he is inferior in every way in terms of being an NFL QB...and those who say he is a "winner" or is more "clutch"...are just idiots. That's really all I can say about that.