ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tickets Is Haley really "too angry"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218321)

Direckshun 11-17-2009 04:22 PM

Is Haley really "too angry"?

I don't see Haley as being too angry -- not any angrier than most of us are throughout games at some of the dumbass things this awful team does. He clearly has his pet peeves (hello delay of game), but for the most part he seems to be genuinely pissed at dumb mistakes and at players that simply can't get it done.

Another thing is that his anger is generally very fairly spread out -- he'll bitch out a scrub like Savage and franchise players like Cassel and Bowe within minutes of each other.

I keep reading everywhere, from the Chiefs blogosphere to Peter King, that this is an emotion that Haley will have to curb. I've heard it here from people on this team that Haley has to cool it or he risks losing the team.

Really? Intolerance of dumbass mistakes risks losing the team?

I'm sorry, but I sat through the seemingly endless patience of Dick Vermeil and the zen-like ignorance of Herm Edwards during games. Haley's temperament, considering how sick I'm becoming of how awful this team is, seems pitch perfect.

KCUnited 11-17-2009 04:26 PM

Bill Cowher can verbally abort a baby. I think its more of a fan base issue than Haley's issue.

Brock 11-17-2009 04:29 PM

He's no worse than Bill Parcells was early on. It just depends on whether he's actually teaching anybody anything.

big nasty kcnut 11-17-2009 04:31 PM

He not angry enough he should kick the ref curse at fatlock and do a cheerleader on the sideline.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 11-17-2009 04:32 PM

...he's got to give as much as he takes...if he loses that balance, it won't matter.

I also think Arrowhead needs someone willing to be the asshole and kick people in the ass...nothing else has worked in forty years.

Demonpenz 11-17-2009 04:42 PM

as long as it's making the players better. screaming at players just makes them ignore it or sulk.

kaplin42 11-17-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 6270956)
do a cheerleader on the sideline.
Posted via Mobile Device

At least there would be a reason to watch the games.

KurtCobain 11-17-2009 04:47 PM

I'm just glad I don't have to see SD - 37 KC - 7 And then looking to a smiling coach on the sideline. Then I'd probably drink some bleach.

Be angry! This shit sucks!

Fish 11-17-2009 04:50 PM

Seems to me that a lot of people are of the feeling that since the last coach was a pansy, for some reason we have to have the opposite if we're going to win. But just because the coach is an angry ass, that doesn't automatically warrant respect from the players. That's the difference.

Haley has to find the happy balance. From afar, it looks as if he just resorts to anger in too many situations.

MichaelH 11-17-2009 04:52 PM

I don't think he's too angry. Twenty years ago this wouldn't be an issue. Political correctness has made people a bunch of soft assed pussies. I do think he needs to hire an offensive coordinator. He has WAY too much on his plate.

MOhillbilly 11-17-2009 04:53 PM

i like haley. other than the rah.rah. bullshit at his start i think the guy is doin a fair job.

Fish 11-17-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 6271042)
I don't think he's too angry. Twenty years ago this wouldn't be an issue. Political correctness has made people a bunch of soft assed pussies. I do think he needs to hire an offensive coordinator. He has WAY too much on his plate.

This isn't 20 years ago though. You can't treat the players the same way players were treated 20 years ago and expect the same results. Times have changed. Longing for yesteryear doesn't make it so. Women aren't all housewives anymore either. Try treating your wife like women were treated 20 years ago and see how far that gets you.....

Tiger's Fan 11-17-2009 04:58 PM

Mean people suck.

Haley makes babies cry. He's the debil.

Demonpenz 11-17-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6271058)
This isn't 20 years ago though. You can't treat the players the same way players were treated 20 years ago and expect the same results. Times have changed. Longing for yesteryear doesn't make it so. Women aren't all housewives anymore either. Try treating your wife like women were treated 20 years ago and see how far that gets you.....

twenty years ago was 1989 LMAO

Simply Red 11-17-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6270949)
He's no worse than Bill Parcells was early on. It just depends on whether he's actually teaching anybody anything.

pretty good post, there.