ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop The "I just got back from the gym" and this is what I have eaten thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218990)

SenselessChiefsFan 11-28-2009 07:40 PM

The "I just got back from the gym" and this is what I have eaten thread.

Okay, so there are a ton of guys in here that are working out, trying to work out, or 'thinking' about working out.

So, I figured I would start a thread. I am all about making myself accountable. The more people that I tell about working out, the more people I would let down by not going.

If you go to the gym.... then post here when you get back. If you do P90X, post here when you get done. If you ride the excercise bike.... post it here.

Anything you do to get in shape.... share with the board. I know I have gotten some great advice and feedback.

Also, post what you eat. If you post everything you eat, and you know others will be critical, you may think twice before you grab a Twinkie.

Okay, so, I went to the gym. I did five minutes on the cross climber to warm up. I stretched for about three minutes.

Then, I did three sets of squats with just 135. I did back extensions and hanging leg lifts. Three sets each. I did leg curls, calf extensions, abductor and adductor excercises as well.

On my leg day, I do very light chest exercises to work on my explosive power. I do three sets of six pushups as explosively as I can. I throw the excercise ball up like a chest pass while laying on the bench.

Then, I finished off my workout with 30 minutes on the eliptical.

As far as my diet.

Breakfast two pieces of peanut butter whole wheat toast, protein shake, and banana.

I have had another banana, two yogurts, and a handful of cashews as snacks.

I didn't have a 'lunch' per se.

Kids had sloppy joes with lean beef (as if that makes it great).... I took a baked potato, and put a serving of sloppy joe over it, with jalapenos and 2 oz's of lowfat cheddar cheese.

I have also had shotgun with water, and synthesize with water.

I won't eat again before bed.

Okay, I know putting everything down here will open me up to criticism. I know some will think that I am doing things all wrong. I appreciate any advice, but I have done a lot of reading and talking to trainers.... so, I have an idea of what I am doing.... or at least what I think I am doing.

The point of this thread, isn't to get into pissing matches about how to do things.... but rather to give ourselves a gold star for making an effort.

Try not to beat anyone down on this thread, because this is about encouragement.

Halfcan 11-28-2009 07:43 PM

yawn

Redrum_69 11-28-2009 07:44 PM

I ate your mom when I got back from the gym

Halfcan 11-28-2009 07:44 PM

I had pasta for dinner if anyone cares-lol

Silock 11-28-2009 08:02 PM

2 hours of soccer this morning.

Ate:
2 egg whites on whole grain toasted w/ 1 tsp olive oil, 9 almonds, 24g of protein powder
Lunch:
6 oz canned salmon on whole grain toasted, w/ 3 tsp mayo, 1 stalk of celery

SenselessChiefsFan 11-28-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 6300346)
yawn

Hey, if you ate better and excercised, you may not be so tired.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-28-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 6300347)
I ate your mom when I got back from the gym

That is much worse for you than for me.

Kerberos 11-28-2009 08:20 PM

The best shape of my life was done with 30-45 minutes in the gym 4-5 days a week w/30 minutes additional of cardio 3 days a week.

I ate ONLY chicken or fish meats and rice, bake taters and LOTS and LOTS of salad.

I also used METRX back when it was first introduced in the early 90's with HUGE results. (3 times a day 7 days a week)

In 2 years time I went from 320lbs and 20% body fat to 255lbs and less than 7% body fat.

The metrx really works if you use it with your workouts and do MONSTER workouts. You don't have to spend 3 hours a day in the gym to get monster work outs. 30-45 minutes is all it takes as long as your not there for social hour. (Social hour at the gym is the biggest waste of time).

I used to use Ephedrine to get moster workouts and I guess that was a bad idea in hindsight as it is a dangerous thing to use. It will effect you later in life as I am finding out now.

You need to have support with you when you work out. I found that when I had friends working out with me with the same goal we got more accomplished and I had someone there pushing me harder with each workout.

Bottom line is to eat lots of carbs when you work out hard but also eat LOTS of protein in the form of fish and chicken.

Before metrx I used to eat a lot of raw egg whites but the egg whites are really hard for you body to digest and I found out with my body that the egg whites are really stinky when it takes your body that long to digest. Not good for being around buddies as they will take off in a heart beat when you let that cloud linger while lifting.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-28-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6300393)
2 hours of soccer this morning.

Ate:
2 egg whites on whole grain toasted w/ 1 tsp olive oil, 9 almonds, 24g of protein powder
Lunch:
6 oz canned salmon on whole grain toasted, w/ 3 tsp mayo, 1 stalk of celery

Now, I see what I need to aspire to.

DeezNutz 11-28-2009 08:21 PM

3 minutes of stretching?

Might want to consider spending more time here and being more comprehensive.

Congrats on the efforts. Keep it up.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-28-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6300451)
3 minutes of stretching?

Might want to consider spending more time here and being more comprehensive.

Congrats on the efforts. Keep it up.

The worst part is that this is me putting more effort into it. Stretching is boring. I do need to do more of it though. If it helps, I stretch while I am at home periodically throughout the day. But, never more than 2 minutes here or there.

Silock 11-28-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6300447)
Now, I see what I need to aspire to.

Well, I'm not done, by any means.

Just ate my snack, which was 24g of protein powder and 1 tsp of olive oil (with water, of course), and 1/2 cup of blueberries. 200 cals.

Will eat dinner later, which is 6 oz of lean beef, 3 cups of broccoli, and 1 tsp of olive oil, all cooked together.

Snack will be 9 almonds, 3 oz of cheese and 1/2 cup of plain, lowfat, no sugar added yogurt.

Total cals for the day: 1243. Sucks, but I'm losing muscle, just like I planned to. Should be done with this shit by the end of December and then I can go back to eating whatever the hell I want.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-28-2009 10:21 PM

1 cup of pineapple on a supreme pizza. 12 oz curls for 4 solid hours. Now resting.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-28-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6300767)
1 cup of pineapple on a supreme pizza. 12 oz curls for 4 solid hours. Now resting.

No pain, no gain.

chiefbowe82 11-28-2009 11:29 PM

okay brother: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
lots of knowledge in that forum