ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU v MU - 2-27-10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223982)

ChiTown 02-26-2010 07:48 AM

KSU v MU - 2-27-10

Discuss

kepp 02-26-2010 07:54 AM

It's gonna be tough to beat KSU in the pentagon of pain, but we can do it. Play like we did against CU, and it's over. Play like we did against Baylor, and we're trounced.

KcMizzou 02-26-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 6560051)
It's gonna be tough to beat KSU in the pentagon of pain, but we can do it. Play like we did against CU, and it's over. Play like we did against Baylor, and we're trounced.

I actually thought Mizzou played pretty well against Baylor. That's kinda when they started to get hot.

beer bacon 02-26-2010 07:55 AM

Missouri played pretty well against Baylor. We can win playing at the level. The difference is whether or not K-State's guards go off.

kepp 02-26-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6560053)
I actually thought Mizzou played pretty well against Baylor. That's kinda when they started to get hot.

I'm thinking of the wrong game then.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2010 08:02 AM

It should be as good as the one in Columbia. Losing Saff has to hurt them and for the first time in 4 games, the Cats got vicious on the boards again.

The crowd will be fired up. Expect booing from the fans (me) and expect lots of complaints about the officiating. From Pete.

beer bacon 02-26-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 6560060)

Mizzou shot 45% in the Baylor game. The Tigers had a chance to win it at the end, but English missed a free throw, and then Baylor scored after getting a few offensive rebounds. Missouri hasn't had an awful performance since KU. The closest thing was an miserable eight minute stretch against Texas A&M in the second half that turned a double digit lead into a loss.

DMAC 02-26-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 6560060)

They didnt play up to potential in the OU and the A&M game. So pick from those two.

ChiTown 02-26-2010 08:23 AM

KSU has more depth, and better interior play. Missouri's Guards and Guard depth are phenomenal. The beauty for K-State is that we don't have to have our Guards "go off" to win this game. That said, it's hard to argue how well Mizzou is playing right now as a TEAM. A lot of interesting things in play.....

I'll go with:
KSU 81
Mizzou 74

ROYC75 02-26-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6560091)
KSU has more depth, and better interior play. Missouri's Guards and Guard depth are phenomenal. The beauty for K-State is that we don't have to have our Guards "go off" to win this game. That said, it's hard to argue how well Mizzou is playing right now as a TEAM. A lot of interesting things in play.....

I'll go with:
KSU 81
Mizzou 74

Kittens wins 86 - 74.It could go 15 points , Sorry Tiggers, just what I see and feel.

Reerun_KC 02-26-2010 08:59 AM

I think the Kitties in AllenFieldhouse Hawktagon of Doom West will take this game over from the start... Since they are renting it from the Jayhawks. They can borrow some of the Jayhawks mojo...

Easily KSU 88 MU 73

eazyb81 02-26-2010 09:07 AM

Hopefully Clemente and/or Pullen have a bad game so our guards can have a big game, otherwise Mizzou will get hurt by KSU's frontcourt.

We were already thin down low, now after losing Safford we are going to need to rely on some guys that haven't done much of anything this year just to give Bowers and Ramsey a breather.

I have this one chalked up as a KSU win.

58kcfan89 02-26-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 6560054)
Missouri played pretty well against Baylor. We can win playing at the level. The difference is whether or not K-State's forwards go off.

FYP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 6560063)
It should be as good as the one in Columbia. Losing Saff has to hurt them and for the first time in 4 games, the Cats got vicious on the boards again.

The crowd will be fired up. Expect booing from the fans (me) and expect lots of complaints about the officiating. From Pete.

This. I would be booing but have to shoot video for it (got someone who's going to boo take my ticket), so I'll be under the basket with a camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6560161)
I think the Kitties in AllenFieldhouse Hawktagon of Doom West will take this game over from the start... Since they are renting it from the Jayhawks. They can borrow some of the Jayhawks mojo...

Easily KSU 88 MU 73

Love the prediction & love the obsession with the 'Gon even more.

As far as predictions, I'm not making one. The last time I did on a K-State game, it didn't end well....

Pants 02-26-2010 11:11 AM

I wouldn't worry too much if I was a KSU fan. The game is in the Octagon of Dumb and MU is a threat only at home to teams like KU and K-State.

ChiTown 02-26-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6560526)
I wouldn't worry too much if I was a KSU fan. The game is in the Octagon of Dumb and MU is a threat only at home to teams like KU and K-State.

Mizzou is a streaky team. When they get it going, they are as good as anyone in our league. This will be a tough game.