ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry Headed to Kansas City Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224268)

T-post Tom 03-04-2010 12:59 AM

Eric Berry Headed to Kansas City Chiefs?

Eric Berry Headed to Kansas City Chiefs? by Jason Lowry

There is no question that the Kansas City Chiefs need a lot of help before they are considered a top team again in the NFL, but this team is starting to piece together some pretty good pieces. The Chiefs hold the No.5 pick in this year’s NFL Draft, and it’s very likely that they could have their choice between a number of really good football players.

The number one target for the Chiefs is Tennessee safety Eric Berry, according to Bill Williamson of ESPN. The problem for the Chiefs is there is a good chance the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could grab Berry with the third pick in the draft. The Chiefs defense figures to get better under new defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, but adding Berry could be just what this team needs to really give opposing offenses trouble.

Right now the Chiefs are right there with the Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, and St Louis Rams with the worst NFL odds to win the Super Bowl in 2010, but I feel that with the addition of Berry and a few other pieces on the defensive side of the ball, the Chiefs could make a big jump to the middle of the pack. Even then the Chiefs are still likely a year or two away from being a serious Super Bowl contender.

Don’t forget to stop back when the season gets underway for our expert NFL picks. Also, if you are looking for a great place to do your better, we are running a special offer with BetUS, that gives our readers a $500 match bonus.

http://www.betfirms.com/chiefs-berry-nfl-draft-3310/

RustShack 03-04-2010 01:01 AM

To the ship!!!

Micjones 03-04-2010 01:05 AM

One can only hope.

KCrockaholic 03-04-2010 01:05 AM

I don't usually agree with Williamson. But Please, Aaron Curry/Tim Tebow, Make it happen!

Chiefs=Champions 03-04-2010 01:33 AM

I WOULD THE WHOLE THING!!11!!1

Fritz88 03-04-2010 02:33 AM

please be true

Saccopoo 03-04-2010 03:27 AM

Tards.

If they draft Berry with the 1, you better hope to Allah, the sweet little baby Jesus, and the spawn of Confucius that they also draft a nose tackle, an inside Will linebacker, a Sam backer and a solid strong safety so that he can actually make plays instead of attempting to run down shit from behind every single play.

I guess we will hope that the mass majority of the Chiefs Planet is correct and all Brandon Albert needed was just one more year in the system to reach his true potential and they solve the rest of the offensive line problems in the UDFA market like real Super Bowl teams do.

Reaper16 03-04-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6575094)
Tards.

If they draft Berry with the 1, you better hope to Allah, the sweet little baby Jesus, and the spawn of Confucius that they also draft a nose tackle, an inside Will linebacker, a Sam backer and a solid strong safety so that he can actually make plays instead of attempting to run down shit from behind every single play.

I guess we will hope that the mass majority of the Chiefs Planet is correct and all Brandon Albert needed was just one more year in the system to reach his true potential and they solve the rest of the offensive line problems in the UDFA market like real Super Bowl teams do.

For being Mr. Win Now you sure do lose a lot on the argumentative end.

chiefzilla1501 03-04-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6575094)
Tards.

And how many Will backers, Sam backers, and strong safeties are taken in the top 5? Except for exceptional talent... like Berry.

And how did the Steelers fare when they lost Polamalu?

So what you're saying is the Chiefs are screwed because they don't have enough late round talent. That's essentially what I'm hearing.

kcxiv 03-04-2010 04:56 AM

We already have 3 mother****ers who are on the line rushing the QB. We cant draft another one with the the 3. Its almost like Detroit drafting top teir WR after another. lol

We need that guy in the 2ndary that teams are afraid to throw at. that would help this defense a ton. We already get decent pressure imo on the QB. Yes, we can get better, we should be better this year after the youngsters at DE had a year in the system.

kcxiv 03-04-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6575125)
And how many Will backers, Sam backers, and strong safeties are taken in the top 5? Except for exceptional talent... like Berry.

So what you're saying is the Chiefs are screwed because they don't have enough late round talent. That's essentially what I'm hearing.

lol, He pretty much is just going against the grain and riling people up on here for fun. I dont realy take him serious. Though, i do get the i hope he's kidding if not /facepalm.

Saccopoo 03-04-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6575125)

What I'm saying is that the Chiefs don't have enough talent to piss away a top five pick on a safety.

Polamalu was taken at #16. Ed Reed was pick #24. Bob Sanders was a second round pick.

You don't have to piss away a top five pick on a secondary position like safety. Even a really good one.

The Bad Guy 03-04-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6575130)
What I'm saying is that the Chiefs don't have enough talent to piss away a top five pick on a safety.

Polamalu was taken at #16. Ed Reed was pick #24. Bob Sanders was a second round pick.

You don't have to piss away a top five pick on a secondary position like safety. Even a really good one.

Do you think the NFL is still played with leather helmets too?

Pushead2 03-04-2010 05:48 AM

I can't wait for this draft to come & be over with so I don't have to read about the same things everyday being fought about the same way.... sheesh.....Go wack off and I'll let you know who we take.

BossChief 03-04-2010 05:53 AM

60% of plays last year were ran from the shotgun.

Having a safety like Berry makes a qb think twice and that gives the front 7 more time to get to him.

Berry could get Hali another sack or two. Literally.