ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink I think I just had the best burger ever........ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225202)

wildcat09 03-20-2010 02:53 PM

I think I just had the best burger ever........

The wife and I just had Blanc Burgers and Bottles for lunch and it was amazing. I have had Five Guys and all the other places and I think think place blows them all away. It was quite a bit more expensive but was worth it. Anyone else try this place before????

Bane 03-20-2010 02:55 PM

No but now I fukkn want to!:cuss:
LMAO

wildcat09 03-20-2010 02:58 PM

We went to the one on Mission Rd right over by the house. If you make it, I suggest the inside-out burger (grilled with blue cheese in the middle) and the sweet patato fries.......

mcan 03-20-2010 03:15 PM

I've been to the one on the Plaza twice now. Had the inside out burger the first time. Hell of a burger. A very STRONG and BOLD taste. The blue cheese def overpowers the taste of the beef, but it was amazing. It's a novelty burger, for sure, but worth trying if you like strong flavors.

The second time, I wanted to branch out so I bought a really expensive, high alcohol content German beer (which I thought tasted like shitty bubble gum... Yuch...) and the "100 Dollar burger" (which is 15 bucks). This burger is freaking amazing, but messy. The burger is juicy as hell and grilled with shredded beef style short ribs stuffed into the patty. It's a GREAT burger. Is it worth the extra money? Probably not THAT much better, but it's for SURE worth trying. Two great flavor combinations in one bite. Again, keep the napkins on the ready.

Also, some onion rings (which are in the 90th percentile of onion rings I've ever had) are great when dipped in their Dijon/Chipotle style mustard sauce.

Definitely one of my new favorite places.

Fritz88 03-20-2010 03:19 PM

i love burgers

wildcat09 03-20-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 6618026)
I've been to the one on the Plaza twice now. Had the inside out burger the first time. Hell of a burger. A very STRONG and BOLD taste. The blue cheese def overpowers the taste of the beef, but it was amazing. It's a novelty burger, for sure, but worth trying if you like strong flavors.

The second time, I wanted to branch out so I bought a really expensive, high alcohol content German beer (which I thought tasted like shitty bubble gum... Yuch...) and the "100 Dollar burger" (which is 15 bucks). This burger is freaking amazing, but messy. The burger is juicy as hell and grilled with shredded beef style short ribs stuffed into the patty. It's a GREAT burger. Is it worth the extra money? Probably not THAT much better, but it's for SURE worth trying. Two great flavor combinations in one bite. Again, keep the napkins on the ready.

Also, some onion rings (which are in the 90th percentile of onion rings I've ever had) are great when dipped in their Dijon/Chipotle style mustard sauce.

Definitely one of my new favorite places.

agreed......I also loved the buns......I am not sure what kind of bread they were but they were awesome.

Reaper16 03-20-2010 03:54 PM

Blanc Burgers + Bottles is by far the best burger place in the Kansas City area. The beer list is deep, they use as much local produce as they possibly can, and everything tastes ****ing great.

My personal favorite burger at Blanc is the au poivre burger. Think steak au poivre (peppercorn crust, green peppercorn-based sauce) but applied to a burger, and given some watercress and sweet, caramelized onions for balance and sitting upon a superb, fresh-baked salt & pepper brioche bun. The $9 lunch special of burger & side, when you order the au poivre burger and the Boulevard Pale Ale onion rings, is one of the best lunch values in the city.

TheGuardian 03-20-2010 03:56 PM

Strange, I just had blancs this past week and next week we're going to 5 guys.

I had the bison, and while it tasted wonderful, the patty was way too small. Smaller than the regular beef patties. If the patty would have been bigger I would have given them a 9 on a 1-10 scale, but they only got a 7. The bun was too big too. I want the meat when I eat a burger not a bunch of bread.

Reaper16 03-20-2010 03:58 PM

5 Guys is just a normal-ass burger. Nothing more. I had an equally good burger at a ****ing Culvers.

mikey23545 03-20-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6618128)
\Think steak au poivre (peppercorn crust, green peppercorn-based sauce) but applied to a burger, and given some watercress and sweet, caramelized onions for balance and sitting upon a superb, fresh-baked salt & pepper brioche bun.

I think I just JIMP.

|Zach| 03-20-2010 04:33 PM

Blanc does fantastic work. I agree about the buns.

Their truffle fries are fantastic as well. I haven't been in a while but be sure to also try the "adult" shakes.

Delano 03-20-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6618139)
Strange, I just had blancs this past week and next week we're going to 5 guys.

I had the bison, and while it tasted wonderful, the patty was way too small. Smaller than the regular beef patties. If the patty would have been bigger I would have given them a 9 on a 1-10 scale, but they only got a 7. The bun was too big too. I want the meat when I eat a burger not a bunch of bread.

What was the cost of the Bison burger compared to a similar beef burger?
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ 03-20-2010 05:04 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/or43d4.jpg

BigMeatballDave 03-20-2010 05:17 PM

Who? Never heard of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 03-20-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6618628)
Who? Never heard of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its a KC restaurant.