ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Washington State Chiefs Unite!!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226875)

Contrarian 04-21-2010 01:49 PM

Washington State Chiefs Unite!!!!!

What Chiefs fans in the great northwest (Washington) are going to Stans BBQ in Issaquah for his draft party?
I stopped by there today to pick up a "Who's Your Daddy" so these Seacock fans at work could try some real BBQ instead of Famous Daves (GAG) and Stan greeted me at the door with a "Welcome Brother"! I was decked out in full Chiefs attire. Anyway he says that there are going to be a shitload of Chiefs fans there tomorrow. Also he said the night before the Seahawks game Looney is going to be there doing a live show and that there will be a handful of NFL stars there tippin brews with the rest of us.

On a side note he now is the only place on the west coast that is serving Boulevard beer.

Goldmember 04-21-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 6692184)
What Chiefs fans in the great northwest (Washington) are going to Stans BBQ in Issaquah for his draft party?
I stopped by there today to pick up a "Who's Your Daddy" so these Seacock fans at work could try some real BBQ instead of Famous Daves (GAG) and Stan greeted me at the door with a "Welcome Brother"! I was decked out in full Chiefs attire. Anyway he says that there are going to be a shitload of Chiefs fans there tomorrow. Also he said the night before the Seahawks game Looney is going to be there doing a live show and that there will be a handful of NFL stars there tippin brews with the rest of us.

On a side note he now is the only place on the west coast that is serving Boulevard beer.

If I still lived in Redmond, I would!

Mr. Flopnuts 04-21-2010 01:57 PM

Wow. I live out in Lynnwood, I doubt I'll make it there for the draft party tomorrow night but I'll definitely be there the day before the game. Thanks for the heads up.

Donger 04-21-2010 01:59 PM

I like Issaquah but I don't live there. There's a great Chinese food place called Cascade Garden near Gillman and Renton.

damaticous 04-21-2010 01:59 PM

KA!!!

The little lady and I will be leaving KCI at 9:30 or so and flying to Seattle. Going to do the tourist thing for a little bit tomorrow then head to Monroe to stay with her family for the weekend.

If its close to Seattle and you could give me directions I'm sure we could stop by for lunch or something.

She's a Seahawks fan. Divided house.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-21-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6692210)
KA!!!

The little lady and I will be leaving KCI at 9:30 or so and flying to Seattle. Going to do the tourist thing for a little bit tomorrow then head to Monroe to stay with her family for the weekend.

If its close to Seattle and you could give me directions I'm sure we could stop by for lunch or something.

If you take the highway off of 2 toward Duvall (203?) it's a great scenic drive that will take you just north of there.

Contrarian 04-21-2010 02:06 PM

I live in Puyallup and work in Redmond but I will be there come noon tomorrow.
I guess Stan's having a raffle and giving way prizes. I think he is the only guy in the state of Washington I could actually strike up a conversation about snagging in the Osage River like I did for the last couple of weeks. Cool dude!

damaticous 04-21-2010 02:06 PM

Sweet! Looks like it's only about 30 minutes or so away from Seatac. Maybe I'll see ya there!

Mr. Flopnuts 04-21-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 6692230)
I live in Puyallup and work in Redmond but I will be there come noon tomorrow.
I guess Stan's having a raffle and giving way prizes. I think he is the only guy in the state of Washington I could actually strike up a conversation about snagging in the Osage River like I did for the last couple of weeks. Cool dude!

So the dude really does know how to make KC BBQ? Seriously? Because Issaquah is a ways from me, but I'll drive there if the Q is worth it. Say the word.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-21-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6692232)
Sweet! Looks like it's only about 30 minutes or so away from Seatac. Maybe I'll see ya there!

You head north on I-5 from Seatac and jump on 90 and it will take you straight to Issaquah. From there you can take that scenic drive on 203 (I think it is) it will take you straight into Monroe with no shitty Pacific Northwest traffic.

The Franchise 04-21-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6692239)
So the dude really does know how to make KC BBQ? Seriously? Because Issaquah is a ways from me, but I'll drive there if the Q is worth it. Say the word.

You don't eat Q anymore......right skinny bitch?

Mr. Flopnuts 04-21-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6692250)
You don't eat Q anymore......right skinny bitch?

I won't eat anything else that day. :D

Toadkiller 04-21-2010 02:15 PM

Damn, it almost makes me want to make the drive from Portland.

Contrarian 04-21-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 6692210)
KA!!!

If you're going to Monroe your already out here in the right area. Just a little north.

Get on to I-405 S
Take exit 11 to merge onto I-90 E toward Spokane 7.4 mi
Take exit 17 for Front St toward E Lk Sammamish/Parkwway SE 0.4 mi (2nd exit to Issaquah)
Turn right at Front St N
Destination will be on the left in the middle of Old Town (parking in the back)

38yrsfan 04-21-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 6692258)
Damn, it almost makes me want to make the drive from Portland.

Y, same here (Spokane area)