ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New UDFA Chief WR Rich Gunnell and Clausen in a little spat (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227271)

KCrockaholic 04-25-2010 10:44 PM

New UDFA Chief WR Rich Gunnell and Clausen in a little spat

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,197988

Gunnell clarified the exchange after the game, accusing Clausen of getting a little pushy before kickoff:

So, what happened? Here's Gunnell's version:

"In the beginning of the game, we were warming up, running on the field and [Clausen's] out there chirping and talking all this trash and he pushed, I think, Justin Jarvis. He just pushed him for no reason, and I just looked at him like, 'What are you doing? Who do you think you are?

"He's just sitting there still talking and then afterward, he was trying to be all friendly. I was like, 'I don't want to hear it now.'

"It just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't like what he did. It just seemed like he was a little fake toward the end of the game because they won. I know if it was the other end of the stick, he'd probably be saying the same thing to me."

Clausen said he was just trying to say "good game"; Gunnell wound up calling Jimmy "phony" for playing the sportsman after the fact. Smirking and shoving ensues. I still think there were some hair-care tips in there somethere.

I can't embed the video, but watch what happened.

Clausen being a douchebag? Nothing new.

Dante84 04-25-2010 10:59 PM

I'm glad he got punched by his own team's fan. He is Philip River's bastard child.

But for serious. I think he's a polesmoker douchebag from everything I've seen. Give Cassel this year, grab me a QB in next year's draft or something if it doesn't work out.

KCrockaholic 04-25-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 6714858)
I'm glad he got punched by his own team's fan. He is Philip River's bastard child.

But for serious. I think he's a polesmoker douchebag from everything I've seen. Give Cassel this year, grab me a QB in next year's draft or something if it doesn't work out.

This is exactly why Clausen is not a Chief.

We don't draft douchebags who will eventually turn into locker room cancers (Jay Cutler I'm talking about you).

rtmike 04-25-2010 11:22 PM

Another year playing for Sark should help help J. Locker's all around game.

If he keeps getting better, he'll prolly be the #1 so that would mean we'd have to endure pain & misery for a year to have a shot at him.

KCrockaholic 04-25-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 6714900)
Another year playing for Sark should help help J. Locker's all around game.

If he keeps getting better, he'll prolly be the #1 so that would mean we'd have to endure pain & misery for a year to have a shot at him.

Nah. There will be another QB come up this season and be a 1st-2nd round pick.

We don't want to tank it again just to have Locker.

The Franchise 04-25-2010 11:38 PM

Great.....this ****ing douchebag is on our team? Awesome.

KCrockaholic 04-25-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6714920)

ROFL

I thought you noticed we didn't draft Jimmy Clausen?

BossChief 04-26-2010 05:37 AM

jealousy can be a mutha****a

SenselessChiefsFan 04-26-2010 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6714920)

Well, this is an UDFA, and not a draft pick... but, it IS odd that Weis was okay with bringing this kid in. Do you still think that he actually wanted Clausen?

The Franchise 04-26-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6715108)
Well, this is an UDFA, and not a draft pick... but, it IS odd that Weis was okay with bringing this kid in. Do you still think that he actually wanted Clausen?

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that he didn't?

1. Weis recruited him.
2. Weis saw what he had and started him as a true freshman.
3. Weis told him that it was time for him to go pro (whether Weis stayed or not).

And you want me to believe that after all of that.....he got to the NFL and told Pioli....."Don't ****ing draft the kid."?

Really?

L.A. Chieffan 04-26-2010 09:20 AM

I seem to remember Clausen throwing the game winning TD as time expired in that game.

buddha 04-26-2010 09:36 AM

Who cares, Pestilence? It wasn't just KC that passed on this kid far past the point where his "talent" apparently warranted. Maybe he's just misunderstood? Whatever...he's in Carolina and he'll get his shot early to prove he's all that.

The Franchise 04-26-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 6715466)
Who cares, Pestilence? It wasn't just KC that passed on this kid far past the point where his "talent" apparently warranted. Maybe he's just misunderstood? Whatever...he's in Carolina and he'll get his shot early to prove he's all that.

I ****ing care. I'm a Notre Dame fan...so I'm going to follow his career.

boogblaster 04-26-2010 09:41 AM

Hopefully he'll out-play his brother ...

CHENZ A! 04-26-2010 09:45 AM

My boy spent majority of his life in south bend, and his fam still lives there. His parents are originally from kc and he lives here now, been a chiefs fan his whole life. Was watching the draft with him and he said if we picked clausen he would disown the chiefs. Apparently it was no secret at all that the guy was a jerk, and spoiled brat.
Posted via Mobile Device