ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Bullies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228082)

Farzin 05-11-2010 06:46 PM

Bullies

I rarely talk about stuff other than the Chiefs/football, but I feel I needed to get this out to as many people possible. It's something I hate seeing.

I want to share two stories.

In my college composition class, there was an older student poking fun at a classmate who has down-syndrome. Before the class, the bully, John, starts asking our classmate questions about a ring he wears on his finger. He starts laughing and asks him if that's his wedding ring. The student with DS responds and says "This isn't my wedding ring you idiot. It's a birthday gift my dad got my when I turned 18. I'm not going to get married for another 30 years." John laughs and goes, "30 years? Hahaha." John turns to me and I ask him "What's funny?" And before I even let him answer, I asked him (quietly, I don't want the student with DS to hear) if he thinks he's tough for picking on someone with a mental disability. I then told him that he should be ashamed of himself for doing such thing. He basically kept his mouth shut and he looked guilty throughout the rest of class.

John was in the army. I know this because he has his name patched on his backpack and I edited one of his essays in class in which he talked about his experience in the army. I thought people like him were more mature after what they went through. I guess I was wrong. This all happened around October.

-----

Today, two kids (who looked like they were in elementary school) were together. I didn't see what was going on, but when I came back to my room, my window was open and I heard some arguing outside. An older kid (he looked like he was in middle school, or a young HS student) was standing in front of a bike and not letting the two boys get it back. I heard one of the young kids say "Give me my new bike back." They said a couple other things, but I could not hear. The middle schooler took the bike and flipped them off while riding away with it. The little kids kept yelling cuss words (I heard ass used about five times..) and the two kids laughed. The older kid stopped and made it look like he was going to go back and do something. It seemed he took offense to what the kids said. He flipped them off an rode away.

Once again, an older kid feels accomplished for stealing a bike and flipping off little kids. I really love being around young kids, mainly babies. I'm always excited to see a close family friend of ours when they bring their kids (not sure if this is common among most 18-year-old boys..) but it makes me sick to my stomach. If I was a parent of those two kids that got the finger and their bike taken away, it must feel like a crappy feeling and hope to God I don't experience anything like this when I get older.

-----

I don't know who here is a counselor, teacher, etc. But why do people feel the need to take advantage of another person's age or disability and feel tough about it? I'd say this is my biggest pet peeve.

LaChapelle 05-11-2010 06:51 PM

Bullies are why bullets were invented
you can always get a rabbit with a rock

RJ 05-11-2010 06:52 PM

Because they can.

Bugeater 05-11-2010 06:59 PM

Why didn't you make an effort to a) prevent the punk from taking off with the bike or b) getting the bike back from him?

Farzin 05-11-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6752094)
Why didn't you make an effort to a) prevent the punk from taking off with the bike or b) getting the bike back from him?

The whole thing lasted about 15 seconds. I was about to head down, but the kid took off. The other kids went home. I went back to study..

You may not like this, but I'll admit I don't make the effort to stop this, usually someone is there to solve it. Plus the kid had a backpack on him (not sure what a kid is doing with a school backpack around 6 PM.) But who knows what he carried in there..

bevischief 05-11-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6752094)

This.

BigRedChief 05-11-2010 07:06 PM

I use to beat the chit out of bully's. picking on someone because they are physically unable to defend themselfs against you or because they are different is something I figured out in 5th grade. I was 6' tall in the 6th grade so in my class at least there wasn't a lot of bully's, at least not for long.

I took my car to a shop to get it fixed one time. I went to pay the bill and they told me it was free. huh? why? Seems that the mechanic that worked on my car recognized me from grade school and did the work for free and paid the shop its due money. As a thank you for not allowing the bullies to pick on him in the locker room. True story.

Chiefs Rool 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

have faith my friend, there are lots of good people out there too.

BWillie 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

The answer:

Chocolate Swirlies

Sure-Oz 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

I stood up to a bully once that was picking on me in class when i was in junior high cause i had huge glasses, we became good friends later since i didnt put up with his shit after a week. I still call the guy an asshole and he's a loser today haha/nelson laugh

Bugeater 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

I dunno, something doesn't quite add up with the situation anyway. I would think whichever kid the brand new bike belonged to would've been doing more than laughing and calling the older kid names, I know I would've been screaming bloody ****ing murder if that had happened to me.

Hammock Parties 05-11-2010 07:09 PM

I almost got a swirly one time. Fortunately I was one of those fat strong kids, so I was able to brace my arms against the side of the bathroom stall, and the weak bullies could not push me in.

Farzin 05-11-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6752124)
I dunno, something doesn't quite add up with the situation anyway. I would think whichever kid the brand new bike belonged to would've been doing more than laughing and calling the older kid names, I know I would've been screaming bloody ****ing murder if that had happened to me.

I only saw a small portion of what happened, as I mentioned above.

Sure-Oz 05-11-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6752127)
I almost got a swirly one time. Fortunately I was one of those fat strong kids, so I was able to brace my arms against the side of the bathroom stall, and the weak bullies could not push me in.

LMAO

Bill Lundberg 05-11-2010 07:12 PM

This sounds bullyish (not my intention), but I have to ask. How does a mentally handicapped individual get into a college composition class?