ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Albert Haynesworth FAILS conditioning test (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231262)

Crush 07-29-2010 11:35 AM

Report: Albert Haynesworth FAILS conditioning test

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=5420094

Report: Haynesworth Fails Test

Albert Haynesworth's first training camp under coach Mike Shanahan reportedly is off to a poor start.

The defensive tackle, who skipped all of the Washington Redskins' offseason workouts prior to camp because he was unhappy with the team's switch in defensive schemes, failed his conditioning test Thursday, FoxSports.com reported.

Haynesworth finished the first part of the test but walked through the second part, FoxSports.com reported, citing unnamed sources.

Shanahan told Haynesworth on Wednesday that he would have to pass a conditioning test in order to practice with his teammates.

"I'm expecting him to be in great shape," Shanahan said Wednesday. "And if he's not in great shape, then we're going to do what we need to do to get him in shape.

"Once he gets to that point, hopefully he'll fit into our system and do the things we want him to do. Because, if he does, he can be an excellent football player for us. If not, we're going to be very good anyhow."

Asked if he expected Haynesworth to be a part of the team in 2010, Shanahan would say only: "We'll see."

"All I can do is tell you we're going to give him every opportunity to show us what we can do," the coach said. "Hopefully he'll like the position that we play him in and give us everything that he's got."

The "position that we play him in" is the main point of consternation for Haynesworth. He's unhappy with the Redskins' switch to a 3-4 defense and would rather play for another team. Shanahan was ready to grant that wish in February and March -- but the door was shut once Haynesworth collected the $21 million bonus on April 1, part of the seven-year contract he signed a year earlier. The deal is part of the enduring legacy of a decade of bad offseason signings under owner Dan Snyder.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

rambleonthruthefog 07-29-2010 11:36 AM

shocking

Crush 07-29-2010 11:38 AM

Indeed

SDChiefs 07-29-2010 11:39 AM

Whats the world coming to when fine outstanding citizens such as Albert Haynesworth start to slack off? How could we have known this would come to pass...

alpha_omega 07-29-2010 11:40 AM

ROFL @ Snyder!

McNabb deserves better than what he is going to get in DC.

Kyle DeLexus 07-29-2010 12:34 PM

I thought all the reports were he lost like 41lbs in an attempt to be a DE in the 3-4? I figured if he lost that kind of weight he'd at least be in decent shape.

greg63 07-29-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 6905260)
I thought all the reports were he lost like 41lbs in an attempt to be a DE in the 3-4? I figured if he lost that kind of weight he'd at least be in decent shape.

Is there a question there?

Fritz88 07-29-2010 01:10 PM

LMAO

Kyle DeLexus 07-29-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63 (Post 6905266)
Is there a question there?

Yep. Basically looking for someone to confirm that and make sure I didn't get bad info.

vailpass 07-29-2010 01:31 PM

Shanny is taking the hard line with that asshole. Hope they sue him for the money he stole.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-29-2010 01:41 PM

He's a P.O.S.

vailpass 07-29-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6905431)
He's a P.O.S.

You take 20+ million dollars and then say you don't like the position they want you to play so you aren't going to play?
Absolutely agree with you, that is a P.O.S. punk move.

Iowanian 07-29-2010 02:59 PM

You know, for a $21mil bonus, if he shows up fat and out of shape not due to injury, the team should be able to recoup that.

There HAS to be incentive and the players have to be accountable for the money they're making.

It's one thing if it is a talent or injury issue, it's completely different when they're fat, lazy or have a shitty attitude.

-King- 07-29-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6905433)
You take 20+ million dollars and then say you don't like the position they want you to play so you aren't going to play?
Absolutely agree with you, that is a P.O.S. punk move.

In his defense, he didn't take 20 mil to play in the 3-4.

Iowanian 07-29-2010 03:05 PM

For $20mil, if Dan Snyder wants him to stand on his desk in a jockstrap and booty clap for an hour, he should take a puff of powder to his butt and start singing the milkshake song on the way to work.