ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News New Food Network Star! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231902)

T-post Tom 08-12-2010 01:43 AM

New Food Network Star!

http://www.wgrz.com/genthumb/genthum...Korkuc Mug.JPG

Buffalo, NY - The cat formerly known as Navarro went home from the Erie County SPCA with a new name - "Oliver" - and a new owner, Vicki Dankowski.

"He is gentle, he is passive, he is beautiful," said Dankowski, shortly after adopting her new feline friend.

Buffalo police believe the cat could have become a meal, however, had they not pulled over a Cheektowaga man for failing to stop at a stop sign on the 1100 block of Broadway last Sunday evening.

According to a police report officers in the process of ticketing Gary Korkuc, 51, discovered the cat which "...appeared to be marinating in crushed red pepper, chili powder, salt and oil" inside his car.

"From what we understand from Buffalo Police the person who owned this kitty was marinating him in order to cook him," said Gina Browning, Spokesperson for the SPCA of Erie County.

Korkuc denies he was planning to eat the cat.

"No, no that's conjecture and that's an assumption," Korkuc told WGRZ-TV.

Korkuc, who is charged with Aggravated Animal Cruelty, claims the cat was pregnant and miscarried and was not sitting in marinade.

"That was its blood and feces, and I was taking it was taking it back over to the SPCA when they stopped me," he said.

SPCA officials counter that the cat was in fact a male which had been neutered.

"No, it was a female," insisted Kortuc, who went on to further claim the 4-year old cat had been previously poisoned with DDT (a pesticide banned for use in the early 1970's).

Kortuc also made bizarre claims that police were in the process of fire bombing a building when they stopped him.

"I'm sad that someone has that kind of problem in their life and which seems to be kind of a recurring situation," said Erie County SPCA Executive Director Barbara Carr.

While confirming her agency was the one which adopted the cat out to Korkuc in the first place, Carr insisted, "that has nothing to do with our screening process. During our screening process this person presented themselves as a normal human being."

"They can make it out to any way they want to , but I'm not crazy," said Kurkuc.

One thing is certain.

He'll never be allowed to adopt an animal from the Erie County SPCA again .

"Even though we're great believers in redemption, this is somebody we've put on our list that we will not adopt to," Carr said.

Click on the video icon to watch the story with Gary Korkuc from 2 On Your Side Reporter Dave McKinley and Photojournalist John Guinane.

WGRZ-TV, wgrz.com

JD10367 08-12-2010 06:08 AM

"According to a police report officers in the process of ticketing Gary Korkuc, 51, discovered the cat which "...appeared to be marinating in crushed red pepper, chili powder, salt and oil" inside his car."

So the cat was alive, and sitting in a bowl of red pepper and chili powder? Holy crap, that cat's asshole must've been burning up. I assume he had this expression...

http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/cdnd...24b4287e79.jpg

Simply Red 08-12-2010 06:22 AM

They're a lot like Pheasant, ... just need to know how to cook them correctly.

WhitiE 08-12-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6929505)

Got any recipes?

JD10367 08-12-2010 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6929505)

No, pussy is best eaten au naturel, like a good saltwater shellfish.

Simply Red 08-12-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 6929511)
Got any recipes?

ROFL No, not really. I can tell you what I'D try if I HAD to eat Pheasant (not a W.G. fan) - I'd marinate it in Mojo, the marinade is near the mexican aisle. Or, umm, 'ethnic' aisle.

FlaChief58 08-12-2010 10:52 AM

I find that if done properly, Cat can be very yummy. I prefer on the bone, slow roasted with a beer shoved up it's ass. I baste with KC masterpiece then serve with a nice chianti and fava beans.

CHENZ A! 08-12-2010 11:37 AM

Poor ****in cat. I want to punch that man in the face for this.

But.... Does marinating like that even work? I wouldn't think so. Like what if we submerged cows up to their necks in teryaki sauce until it was time to slaughter? Would the steaks come out tender and already seasoned? I guess maybe this crazy asshole was planning to eat the skin and fur too, so who knows
Posted via Mobile Device

FlaChief58 08-12-2010 02:32 PM

This is in fact a very good way of marinating. The phrase "You are what you eat" applies here. I find a funnel in the throat, then up the 'ol poop shute is the perfect delivery system for the marinade. Placing the entire cat on an open fire will remove the unwanted fur and sear the meat to ensure the juices are locked in. Wrap in banana leaves, bury in embers & 2 hours later...Dinner is served!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6929933)
Poor ****in cat. I want to punch that man in the face for this.

But.... Does marinating like that even work? I wouldn't think so. Like what if we submerged cows up to their necks in teryaki sauce until it was time to slaughter? Would the steaks come out tender and already seasoned? I guess maybe this crazy asshole was planning to eat the skin and fur too, so who knows
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya 08-12-2010 03:11 PM

FlaChief58... hmmm. You aren't by chance Florida Chief, are you?

Bugeater 08-12-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 6930408)
FlaChief58... hmmm. You aren't by chance Florida Chief, are you?

That's an insult to FloridaChief.

Just Passin' By 08-12-2010 03:36 PM

http://catrecipes.com/recipes/index.html

boogblaster 08-12-2010 04:00 PM

cat done right is a tasty feast ... usually cooked crispy then seasoned in 30 weight motor oil rolled in asphalt then set afire .. whatever remains feed your dog .....

FlaChief58 08-12-2010 04:22 PM

JFC people. It's a F'ing JOKE!! There are waaay to many manjinas on here! You're Chiefs fans for crist sake, you should have a better sence of humor than that...

Phobia 08-12-2010 04:57 PM

I have a scents of humor. Somebody is cooking up some funny around here.