ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Say what you want about Cassel, but... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232040)

RedThat 08-14-2010 06:03 PM

Say what you want about Cassel, but...

in all honesty, the OL reeks of complete sh*tness.

Most notably O'Callaghan and Niswanger. Those are the two guys that need a ticket out of here. Most definately without question or doubt.

So why not start Wiegman? What does this team have to lose? Why not start Richardson in the beginning of yesterdays game rather than late in the 4th which I thought was a boneheaded move by coach Haley.

I really don't know what this coaching staff sees in Niswanger and O'Callaghan? At the very least, this team should be starting the best players right now or the players that have more upside just to mask the level of sh*tiness that Niswanger and O'Callaghan display.

In the off-season they need to address this area badly. But I've once said this in seasons past and here I am saying it again, the OL is going to be a problem in the regular season. Oh well, it's just the same ole sh*t. nothing but a repetitive theme that gets frustrating.

And there shouldn't be any discussion about this potentially being a good offense or even compare this team to the 2002 Chiefs because the OL comparison is apples and oranges, and this offense is light years away from being as good.

FAX 08-14-2010 06:05 PM

I, for one, am weary of blaming Cassel's problems on the o-line. Feeling pressure? Get rid of the ball. QB 101.

FAX

BigMeatballDave 08-14-2010 06:08 PM

BS Aaron Rodgers was sacked a league-high 51 times last season. I'm done making excuses for him.

MIAdragon 08-14-2010 06:09 PM

The guy fing sucks. You can blame it on the rain if you want he fing sucks

RedThat 08-14-2010 06:09 PM

Cassel sucks I know, but the OL sucks just as much as he does.

MadMax 08-14-2010 06:10 PM

Can we not agree we have the absolute worst starting QB in the league?

DaneMcCloud 08-14-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 6935420)
In the off-season they need to address this area badly. But I've once said this in seasons past and here I am saying it again, the OL is going to be a problem in the regular season. Oh well, it's just the same ole sh*t. nothing but a repetitive theme that gets frustrating.

They addressed it in 2010: Asamoah, Weigman and Lilja.

BigMeatballDave 08-14-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 6935432)
Cassel sucks I know, but the OL sucks just as much as he does.

I get what you're saying. The line has issues. The only way Cassel is going to improve his play is if we had a line similar to 03-05. Matt will always be a liability. I hope he proves us wrong.

FAX 08-14-2010 06:14 PM

I really don't think that either Haley or Weis coach Cassel that, when pressure comes, he's supposed to take a sack and give up a fumble. I really don't.

Cassel may be a gym rat, but he may also be a moron for all I know.

FAX

DeezNutz 08-14-2010 06:14 PM

No, the line does not suck as much as he does. The problem, beyond his very limited physical skill-set, is that Cassel is not an instinctive player.

And thus he goes a long way toward making those around him worse.

Brock 08-14-2010 06:14 PM

The offense isn't the problem with this team.

milkman 08-14-2010 06:15 PM

Weigman, at this point in his career, sucks more than Niswanger.

People wondered why I was pissed last year when the only lineman we claimed on waivers after the final cut was Ryan O'Callagan.

milkman 08-14-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6935445)
No, the line does not suck as much as he does. The problem, beyond his very limited physical skill-set, is that Cassel is not an instinctive player.

And thus he goes a long way toward making those around him worse.

That is the absolute truth.

BillSelfsTrophycase 08-14-2010 06:16 PM

2007 Brady - 21 Sacks
2008 Cassel - 47 Sacks
2009 Brady - 16 Sacks

The line is nothing special, but there is a problem here

/thread

milkman 08-14-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 6935434)
Can we not agree we have the absolute worst starting QB in the league?

I'd say that there are at least 40 better QBs right now, at the least.