ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Wow ... lack of public apology kills deal between mankins/pats (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233299)

Mr. Laz 09-12-2010 11:31 AM

Wow ... lack of public apology kills deal between mankins/pats

Mankins deal nixed by lack of apology

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 12, 2010 1:14 PM ET
Roughly two weeks ago, the Patriots nearly got Logan Mankins back.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Patriots and Mankins had made enough progress that they were nearly ready to announce a deal that resembled the contract Jahri Evans got from the Saints.

Mankins had privately apologized to owner Robert Kraft for his public comments lambasting the Patriots. But when the Patriots asked for him to issue a public apology, Mankins refused and "became offended."

Now he reportedly no longer wants to play for the team. Period.

It seems crazy that this is what is preventing Mankins from returning to the team. But the issue has to be very serious when they were so close on money terms two weeks back.

Mr. Laz 09-12-2010 11:35 AM

i guess he didn't really mean it when he apologized privately.

both sides being childish

the Talking Can 09-12-2010 11:37 AM

sounds like a good reality show

Real OL of the NFL

T-post Tom 09-12-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6995129)
i guess he didn't really mean it when he apologized privately.

both sides being childish

I disagree. The attempt to force a player to make a public apology in this instance seems elitest and kind of creepy. I'd have a hard time making a public apology after apologizing privately. It seems emasculating. But that's just my take. And I'd prefer to be thought of as child-like and not childish. ;)

BTW, I'd love to see Pioli pick this guy up, if possible.

BossChief 09-12-2010 11:57 AM

The Jets should be on the phone right now trying to work a deal for him if the Pats would listen.

T-post Tom 09-12-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6995221)
The Jets should be on the phone right now trying to work a deal for him if the Pats would listen.

The Hatfields and McCoys? That'd be an interesting conversation.

Marcellus 09-12-2010 12:04 PM

Appears they may not need him.

chiefzilla1501 09-12-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 6995188)
I disagree. The attempt to force a player to make a public apology in this instance seems elitest and kind of creepy. I'd have a hard time making a public apology after apologizing privately. It seems emasculating. But that's just my take. And I'd prefer to be thought of as child-like and not childish. ;)

BTW, I'd love to see Pioli pick this guy up, if possible.

Don't know how I feel about a Guard making that kind of coin.

But here were some thoughts:
-Can he play RT? He played LT very well and as a Guard, I'd have to think he can handle playing RT as well.
-You have the flexibility to either go: Albert-Mankins-Asamoah-Lilja or Mankins-Albert-Asamoah-Lilja. Either way, the line becomes a hell of a lot better.

BossChief 09-12-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6995290)
Don't know how I feel about a Guard making that kind of coin.

But here were some thoughts:
-Can he play RT? He played LT very well and as a Guard, I'd have to think he can handle playing RT as well.
-You have the flexibility to either go: Albert-Mankins-Asamoah-Lilja or Mankins-Albert-Asamoah-Lilja. Either way, the line becomes a hell of a lot better.

not gonna happen but I would throw em Waters and a third...but yeah, I wouldnt trade for him and move positions on him. That is asking for hurt.

chiefzilla1501 09-12-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6995303)
not gonna happen but I would throw em Waters and a third...but yeah, I wouldnt trade for him and move positions on him. That is asking for hurt.

He played a full season at Left Tackle and played very well, so I would have to think he would be just fine at Right Tackle. It might take a little bit of time learning to play on the opposite side, but I think his skill sets make him a pretty ideal candidate.

T-post Tom 09-12-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6995374)
He played a full season at Left Tackle and played very well, so I would have to think he would be just fine at Right Tackle. It might take a little bit of time learning to play on the opposite side, but I think his skill sets make him a pretty ideal candidate.

Having him would definately make this o-line better.

Mr. Laz 09-12-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 6996080)
Having him would definately make this o-line better.

absolutely

Waters +pick for mankins in a heartbeat

Then slide Lilja over to LG and slide O'callaghan inside to RG

Albert,Lilja,Weigmann,O'callaghan,Mankins

Niswanger and Asomoah at interior backups
Richardson as OT backup(with O'callaghan as 3rd string OT)

hopefully next year Asomoah can takeover at center and then we have a fairly young,quality Oline.

Albert,Lilja,Asomoah,O'callaghan,Mankins

better yet Waters and Page for Mankins PBJ :D

BossChief 09-12-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6996110)
better yet Waters and Page for Mankins PBJ :D

Are we gonna trade with the Patriots to get Page back or something?

Mr. Laz 09-12-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6996136)
Are we gonna trade with the Patriots to get Page back or something?

wasn't the Page trade a conditional pick which we haven't paid yet?

Waters + they don't owe us for Page :thumb:

Titty Meat 09-12-2010 04:27 PM

Randy Moss made some comments today about not being appreciated theres a theme here.